PDA

View Full Version : Legs Feel Lumpy/bumpy

Qix
02-10-09, 04:18
Hey all, Im massaging my legs to relieve tension . My on the back of the thigh/knee and shins. The tissue under my skins feels really lumpy and bumpy. It feels like there all these lumpy bits of tissue under my skin.

Does anyone else have that? is it normal? the a and e doc told me it was. And it was just tissue.

Anxiety again!!!!!:yahoo:

pd
02-10-09, 08:28
It's normal :)

The backs of your knees have loads of tendon/ligament type thingies, they feel lumpy when you prod at them...

It would be a bit weird if we were all completely smooth under our skin!

LisaLisa
02-10-09, 10:37
Yes I have this

Apparently its normal to have lumps and bumps where there is big muscle groups becuae they tear amd repair as a matter of course, especially if you do any excersise or sports. Little lumpy bits appear becuase of this.

Its normal

Lisa
xxxx

Qix
02-10-09, 16:02
Oh that is such a relief! Thanks all I feel much better! Is it possible to scare the tissue under your legs so its always hurts abit when u touch it?

You see i worse tight socks for a few years and right near my shin when i touch it i feel like an indent in my tissue and it is uncomfortable to touch that are is it possible i have scared the tissue?

Thanks all ! i feel better!

Qix
02-10-09, 20:24
I was worred that i might have bad veins :( how would you know if u had varicose veins? i dont see any where is hurts

Qix
02-10-09, 21:35
I have had this tenderness for maybe over a year or more. I dont notice any thing wrong with my legs.

My legs are hairy LOL so its hard to really look at them!

I really hope i dont got bad veins at my age! :(

Ill try the leg thing. I kind of have the tenderness on both legs in the same place but my left leg hurts more . And the tenderness is around the indent in my tissue. and o can feel a bump there that i can move I dunno what to think!

pd
02-10-09, 21:47
Are you quite an active person?? My legs are covered in lumps and bumps, some of them are from bruises and knocks, some are just muscle and tendon under the skin. I've brought it up with my doctor who says it's perfectly normal, nobody is uniformly smooth all over! If it's really bothering you get it checked out just to put your mind at ease.

Qix
02-10-09, 22:43
Im not active at all tbh. I spend alot of time sitting down! Im not overweight. But i do sit around alot .