PDA

View Full Version : INTERESTING - CATAPLEXY ?

mirry
31-10-05, 07:32
Whilst reading this weeks " WHATS ON TV" magazine, I came across a story about a lady who has a condition called Cataplexy (page 31).

For her It basically paralyses her when she feels any strong emotion such as fear, her condidtion is so strong she has mistakenly been certified dead 3 times in her life.
It is caused be a lack of a chemical in the brain called Hypoten which controls the transistion from sleep to waking!

Now I found this story very interesting because like others on here I always feel worse in the mornings and my panics/anxiety are caused be strong emotions.........this gets me thinking could we all have some sort of mild form of this condidition ???

Has anyone heard of this before or are there any other links about it on this site ?

mirryx

mirry
31-10-05, 07:49
http://blogs.health.yahoo.com/experts/depression/19/joyous-laughter-cataplexy

Just been looking online and you can have a very mild form of it !
It says about people dropping of to sleep from wide awake into a deep sleep (which is something i have always done) and feeling sleepy alot with strong emotions bringing on maybe as mild as slurred speach or wobbly knees.

IF ANYONE ELSE FINDS INTERESTING INFORMATION ON THIS CAN YOU PLEASE SEND ME IT .......THANKS.

mirryx

mazz
31-10-05, 07:51
hi mirry , iam sure about that but very interesting. iam worst at nite time , but what we suffer from is deffenetly to do with chemical inbalance , so there may be a link mazzxx

mirry
31-10-05, 08:06
HTTP://XYREM.INFO/DISEASEOHP.HTM

FORGOT TO MENTION THIS PROGRAM IT SAYS IS ON THURSDAY ON DISCOVERY CHANNEL.

mirryx