PDA

View Full Version : Distressed and tired of all of this rant

Bunnah
02-10-09, 10:01
Im so tired of feeling this way. I hate it, I want it over and I want to be my normal, lovely, not sick, interesting, interested self.

I hate that after years of trying to supress all of my anxiety, it has taken over. I hate that Anti-depressants dont work for me because Im not depressed. I hate that I have high blood pressure. I hate that I have to walk into a Drs. office AGAIN and tell them that actaully, Im not sick, I have anxiety and its making me ill.

I want my life back.

JohnLuke300
02-10-09, 10:24
Hi Bunnah,

If you don't mind me making an observation from your post.

I quote 'I hate that after years of trying to supress all of my anxiety'.

Suppressing anxiety is actually one of the worse things you can do with it. Anxiety is an emotion and suppressing emotions will only make you anxious. :doh: All emotions need to be expressed, otherwise they build up and cause nervous tension (anxiety). It is also recommended that you accept anxiety and let it pass, suppressing or fighting it only maintains it.

Hope that helps

John

Bunnah
02-10-09, 10:33
Hi John

I just had a bath, sat on my bed and had a good shout/rant/cry with my husband.. not at him, just about my childhood and how angry I am with my family.. I think it helped.

I know I have to go through this to get to the heart of the matter. And I have to keep breathing.. my shrink says that one of the reasons I get dizzy is because I hold my breath and its very much a metaphore for being in terror. IE, is that not what we do when we are very afraid? Hold our breath and not make a sound?

Thanks for your words and the blurb about fear. Im going to write that down and pin it to my shirt :)

B x x x

Anxious_gal
02-10-09, 11:30
use your anger to get mad at anxiety not your self.
get mad at it and say you will not let it take your life away from you.
when you feel sick, dizzy, tell anxiety that it can produce all the symptoms it wants but you won't give in to it.
i know how you feel i get so upset sometimes, like even little things like wanting to go up town and realizing my anxiety is so bad that i may stay home yet again!
i do find instead of getting upset i say F you to my anxiety, I'm going anyway, all anxiety can do is make you feel ill and make you panic but it cannot hurt you.
it doesn't work all the time but it does work sometimes

Bageywagey
02-10-09, 11:44
Hiya - I know exactly how you feel ...... my anxiety has gone stupid of late and I'm struggling to go out, dreading everything and got so much on my mind and don't know what to do with myself. I'm on meds for high blood pressure and hate it too - this morning I've been trawling the internet to find what I can take alongside my bp medication and it's driving me silly - I'm petrified of anti depressants and their side effects and also the fact that I read most of them don't get rid of the anxiety in any event. I'm still contemplating valerian tincture (probably a quarter of the recommended dose) because I need something to take the edge off. We really do need to try to do more though so that our anxiety levels drop and go back down to normal - I wish you good luck - we will get there xxx

Bunnah
02-10-09, 15:43
Hiya..

Thanks for the words, they are really kind.

I am going to the Dr at 430 to talk over getting a less toxic BP med and something to calm me down at night. I do think that my BP meds are great for anxiety as Amlodipine can cause dizzyness and arrhythimia.. In mu case, I feel like Beta Blockers are better.

I have been having arrhythmia all day, but thats less anxiety driven, because I have had it all my adult life. But it does get worse with anxiety.

I did all the things I needed to do today, worked, finished doing busy tasks, ate lunch, all those things. I am trying not to just going to sleep to avoid myself.

B x x x x