PDA

View Full Version : Scared to start taking tablets

Krisk120
02-10-09, 11:15
Just been prescribed my first Fluoxetine and so scared of side effects that I am too scared to start taking them. Doc has reassured me and gone through all side effects with me but so nervous.
Anyone else felt like this??

gypsywomen
02-10-09, 11:25
hi yes i was like you,i took them i prefferdto get better ,,if you think about it even paractmol can have side effects,,in fact al meds..the side efects are not bad you might feel tierd ..but after couple weeks you will see improvment all the best dont worry:bighug1:

Krisk120
02-10-09, 11:48
Ah thanks. I am going away for the weekend and travelling on my own so asked doc if I could start taking them after the weekend instead so I did not spoil my long awaited trip to see my dad - LOL!!
She was great and said to start when I was comfortable but I would not really be on my own - there would be a train full of people!! Very true I suppose.

Really wanna feel better too so I will take them after the weekend.

RUBYRU71
06-10-09, 07:30
ive just been given fluoxetine and I was expecting them to give me that but this time the doctor also gave me some diazepam only small strength 2mg to take with the fluoxetine for the first few days, she said the fluox can make your anxiety worse for the first few weeks so thats why she gave me them as she wants me to stay on them, and i can say it was a great combination as ive been ok so far, you shouldnt get any nasty side effects, just maybe anxiety a bit worsse, but if your anxious anyway then just look at it like that, only another few weeks of anxiety then you will start to feel better,. take them in the morning after a fulfilling breakfast that should help xx good luck xx

burberrygirl72
07-10-09, 13:14
i have gotta start taking citrolapram and im too scared to take thm too xx

Tangerine Man
11-10-09, 08:10
Hey, the way my therapist explained it to me - as I was scared too - was if you broke your arm then you would see a Dr and get it mended with an X-ray, cast, time and then physiotherapy. Depression is an illness and some of us need meds to help others time others councelling others all three. Fluoxetine take a while to work as the does builds up in your body so do not expect lots of massive changes in your mood for 3/4 weeks. Then slowly over time your mood swings will slowly come less dramatic. Good luck.