PDA

View Full Version : another

kimmy
31-10-05, 08:16
i had another sleepless night. i geared myslef up for bed , winding down etc, got into bed and was trying to relax, when my mum phoned, drunk asking for my bf to go get her. she raely asks for stuff like that so he went to get her. i was very anxious obviously.

we sat up for ages, and i didnt sleep again

im really worried, i havent slept, i need my sleep or i get snappy. im going to my docotrs in a mo if i can get an appt.

mum2four
31-10-05, 08:26
what is making it hard to sleep are you thinking to much do you hear to many noise that distract you. What is it that is making it hard is it symptoms or feeling like you have to much energy.

You need to do everything to distract to from the reaso you can sleep or if you have too much energy try to use it us before you try to sleep ect. Most of all relax as much as you can dont be negative to your self.

kimmy
31-10-05, 09:57
THANKS MUM.

been to the doctors, hes given me some sleep tablets. he was really nice and supportive, he thinks ive just had a blip because of the electric shock ive had. xx

i feel better

Tan The Man
31-10-05, 13:13
Kimmy..so sorry to hear that the relaxation stuff before bed didn't work. I really hope you do manage to get some sleep tonight.

Take Care
Tan

Meg
31-10-05, 14:34
Kimmy,

I think last night was situational . Had you not had that upset and disturbance, you may have slept all night.

By all means take one tonight to ensure a good sleep but don't take them instead of trying to find a natural solution.

Meg
www.anxietymanagementltd.com

Your anxiety is the human representation of the pictures that you paint using your many vivid colours of revolving and reoccurring thoughts.
How big is your gallery ?

kimmy
31-10-05, 15:24
ive managed to have a few naps today, didnt go to work obviously (i couldnt sleep on a desk:D) feel a bit better knowing i can sleep. i will take a tablet tonight, ive work tomorrow etc i dont want to use them all the time, Tan the Mans excercise did work, i defiantly felt more relaxed last night. thanks xxx

nomorepanic
31-10-05, 21:07
Kimmy

I am surprised doc gave you sleeping tablets just like that. I have had sleep problems for over 10 years and they refuse to prescribe them cos of 1) their addictiveness and 2) I would not be trying to find out why I don't sleep.

Has he offerered any other support apart from pills? Would be interested to know.

Nicola

kimmy
01-11-05, 15:57
no i told him i hadnt slept for a couple of nights, i probably looked rough (lol) i took 1 last night and i slept really well, than k god, it did me the world of good.

ive been to counselling before, i didnt get accepted by the CBT peole because they didnt think i was bad enough (thanks)

My docotor has been very supportive for me, he has been there many a time to just offer a chat and reasurrance. I had a nasty electric shock the other week, and he believes im probably like this because of the trauma of that.

he only gave me 14, 10mg of temazepam. i wont take them unless necisarry, i normally sleep well. i do wake but fall asleep releitivly easy.

i hope that answers your question nomorepanic xxx

nomorepanic
01-11-05, 19:34
Kimmy

I am glad that he was supportive then and is helping you all he can - makes a change doesn't it lol!

I hope you get some better night's sleep soon.

Shame about the CBT - can't you try again for it or was it a definite NO?

Nicola

kimmy
01-11-05, 20:01
im gunna see how i go now. my doctors reassurrance that this can all be due to my "shock" has made me feel more positive. i was doing really well, infact i thaught perhaps it had gone. i do feel this time it has been worse but you never know it could be a blip.

if it doesnt seem to get better i will ask again, this was 2 years ago that he tried.

thanks xx[8)]