PDA

View Full Version : Do you ever have a great day but still haunted by anxiety?

Joellie
02-10-09, 19:36
I keep having days where im not having any symptoms of tightness in the stomach etc or any anxiety problems but yet im still haunted by the fact that it can come back any second! And because i worry about it my anxiety comes on lol its like im dooming myself!

Just wondered how many other people have this?

sarah jayne
02-10-09, 20:19
Im always like that x

GingGangGoolie
02-10-09, 23:30
I can understand this, it's like me brain decides to make me realise I've been anxiety free for x amount of time, but then of course the anxiety returns soon after. Stupid brain!

Danath
02-10-09, 23:36
yeah they're called anticipatory panic attacks, I get that a lot, you end up making yourself anxious by worrying about becoming anxious! Infuriating isnt it?

Rod
03-10-09, 00:17
We feel something just isnt right and something is missing. Then we realize it was just the anxiety was on a break.

Desprate Dan
03-10-09, 20:12
I really dont undrstand Anxiety at all "WHAT IS ANXIETY" AHHHHH

I feel nervous and a trembling feeling all the time and sometimes i feel sick "Nausea" and i feel down a depressed my doctor says i suffer from anxiety, i am always restless but tired "weird" in cant settle and have poor sleep... But them somedays i feel on top of the world i love everyone and love life......Then others i feel like i am stuck down a deep dark hole with no way of getting out....

Is this Anxiety, i use to have really bad frightening attacks come over me and i felt like i just wanted to run "but were to i had know idea" i am really worried that one day i might feel so bad that i might do something and end it all.. But if i hold on for one more day, i could feel on top of the world again..

I dont suppose everyone with anxiety and depression end in suicide, but how can i stop these thoughts when i feel so low....

I am really mixed up, i dont know if i have Anxiety because this is me and i have always been this way....

Dan

PoppyC
03-10-09, 22:26
Hi
I am sorry to hear how you are feeling,
I dont like it when I have a really really good day because its strange that it is always followed by a down day! I worry now that when I have a good day, then I know what is to follow, however I do try and appreciate the good day!
Anxiety for me anyway shows itself in me feeling like I can't breathe, worrying non stop about everything, shaking, vomiting lots, not being able to eat at all or do anything other than just lie or curl up, cry, panic, have panic attacks and just generally feeling like I am going to die or may commit suicide even though I don't want to, if that makes sense. I do experience depression a little bit as well but depression makes me feel slow where as anxiety makes me feel 'wired' and super alert and on edge. Depression comes after the anxiety for me.
I am taking Citalopram now and it really has helped me so much.I just wish I had taken it much sooner and spared myself the suffering.
Do you take any medication for how you feel? Do you have any counselling?

bellabessnjet
03-10-09, 22:27
I wrote something similar the other day, I almost fear a good day, because (in my head) a bad one is just around the corner, or worse, something will happen to spoil my good day. I know its in my head!! but cant seem to fight the thoughts, I enjoy the good times when they happen, but somewhere inside know not to get to optimistic. Glass always half full! not in my case im lucky to have a glass lol!!

NoPoet
04-10-09, 20:38
The way I see it, once you spend more time feeling good rather than bad, your recovery is starting to come.

I spend some time each day in fear of my next anxiety/depression attack. That's part of our condition. You start to spend less time each day in that state of fear. Distraction - spending time doing pleasurable things and/or being around people - becomes increasingly useful.