PDA

View Full Version : hello im new!!

hannah84
02-10-09, 20:13
Hi im hannah an although im new to this site i have been having panic attacks since i was 16 im now 24.
I have been getting better with them but the last few days i have been having sharp pains in my head and behind my eye i feel fine apart from that this is normal isnt it i know i shouldnt have to ask but its nice to reassure yourself isnt it?
What does everyone else think how long have you been having them how do you cope? Thanks x x x

AntiLove_SuperStar
02-10-09, 20:23
Welcome to NMP.

Anxiety can certainly cause various aches and pains, and head pain is very common. If the eye pain isn't better this time next week you might want to go to your Dr...its unlikely to be anything, but with eyes its always best to be cautious!

Baish
07-10-09, 16:01
Hi Hannah :) i'm new too :D

I've been getting panic attacks for pretty much 10 years and headaches are a new thing for me atm and i don't like it :( lol, I used to get attacks frequently but hid it from people because I didn't know what was happening to me, but I have found techniques to help like closing my eyes, keeping my mouth closed (cuz when i have an attack my gag reflex goes into overdrive) and weirdly Travel Sickness things with ginger in have helped waaaaaay more than meds like Beta Blockers which i was prescribed.

But its nice to know now on here that I am far from alone :) just wish other people around me knew what i was going through from time to time!

Rich :)

hannah84
07-10-09, 21:38
I know its so nice to be find somewhere where others understand what is going on and have experienced it themselves.
How did yours start? :blush:
:blush: