PDA

View Full Version : What is your worst fear???

Desprate Dan
02-10-09, 22:35
I will start this off my worst fear is of being hurt by others, or to hurt others feelings...

This has stopped me doing things and kept things to myself, if i dont mix with people i cant be hurt and cant hurt others..

I know this is not the answer and i am going to try my best and let happiness and people back into my life, you cant hide away from hurt forever it will find you in the end i guess its something i will just have to expect..

Dan

AnxiousHarry
02-10-09, 23:21
my worst fear is letting this anxiety rule my life 2 a point wer i am 2 old and think why wen i was younger why didnt i just crack on with life . well i am going 2 start now i am sick ov it wat ever happens is goin 2 happen i av 2 beat this and turn my life around av 2 think more positively and start enjoying myself b4 i go .

Danath
02-10-09, 23:47
I know my phobia of puking is an irrational problem and thats not really 'me'

Fear is my worst fear, being like this forever is the scariest thing I can think of, but I won't be letting that happen

Fight on!

Dan

PoppyC
03-10-09, 00:23
My worst fear is that I will die of anxiety! :lac:and yet no one has ever died from anxiety - I don't think so anyway :unsure:

xBettyBoopx
03-10-09, 01:31
Heart attack is my worst fear.

Dan - Can I tell you from my experience that I did what you are doing and the only person who was hurt anyway was me. I know we are all different and I am not telling you what not to do, but only letting you know of my experience.

I hope you learn to trust a little Dan and yer I suppose to learn to be let down as well, it happens to us all.

Els

Meewah
03-10-09, 02:36
my worst fear is letting this anxiety rule my life 2 a point wer i am 2 old and think why wen i was younger why didnt i just crack on with life . well i am going 2 start now i am sick ov it wat ever happens is goin 2 happen i av 2 beat this and turn my life around av 2 think more positively and start enjoying myself b4 i go .

Harry - A different slant on your thinking. I agree with you wholeheartedly. When I think of dying I feel well from where I am at the moment it does not look too bad but if I was on top of the world and felt great. I would be well miffed to say the least if I was to be diagnosed with a terminal illness.

It seems to me that the more you have to lose the worse you fear death.

This is no excuse for a pants life but it helps you worry less about how good it should be. From the minute we are born we start suffering physically and mentally. The minute we can put that to the back of our minds the better we can live. They say we are the only animal that realises our mortality. You think if you were not aware that you could die, how different life would be, sadly we cant so we have to think differently to allow it to fit in to our daily lives. The problems occur when we see it as a problem and ruminate about the possible outcomes.

I started studying Buddhism 2 years ago and it has really started working on me it has given me the ability to view life as mental and physical suffering but not to get bogged down in it. I have individual fears but deep down I know this is what life is about and so I can start to accept this as the norm and carry on with life embracing my aches and pains and worries.

Hope this makes sense.

Mee

Desprate Dan
03-10-09, 07:09
Heart attack is my worst fear.

Dan - Can I tell you from my experience that I did what you are doing and the only person who was hurt anyway was me. I know we are all different and I am not telling you what not to do, but only letting you know of my experience.

I hope you learn to trust a little Dan and yer I suppose to learn to be let down as well, it happens to us all.

Els

Thanks Els, You are so so right, i have for along time now avoided happiness for the fear of it going wrong and being hurt but like you so rightly say inturn you live a life of misery... Which hurts.....:weep:

The concept i came up with is to look away, hide my emotions, and not rely on others and avoid situations because of the fear i could not handle being hurt..

The good thing is now i realise this, and i now will have to try and accept the being hurt is apart of life, just as is being happy...I just think that i am not as strong as others, so i try to be and keep things inside so that others think i am being strong but inside i am hurting so bad.. ( I know i am quite an emotional person) but being a bloke its not easy to express because its not a blokey thing to do....

Just like when my Dad died he was diagnosed with terminal Cancer, and that was the very first time i had seen my dad shed a tear.........:weep: oh i was so upset my heart was torn apart inside "He was my rock" but i knew i had to be strong for my Mother and Sister and also for my father, so built up this wall on the outside, i just wouldnt except he was dieing, but the day eventually came, but it wasnt until the funeral that i broke down i couldnt keep up this brave face anymore, i sobbed my heart out, were as others around me yes they were hurting but had come to except this was going to happen...were as i tried to fight it....

I am going to have to really try hard to sort this out as its destroying my happiness and my life...

Dan

Fran74
03-10-09, 09:18
My worst fear is to loose my mind at some point -:(

sarah jayne
03-10-09, 09:39
My worst fear is dying. I know that it happens to everyone one day but it terrifies me. Im always worrying that im going to die and not see my children grow up.....

blondekay09
07-10-09, 19:22
:weep:my worst fear is that my depression will take over me and i will never be happy again..... Also being alone is a massive fear of mine. I have massive problems sleeping because im scared on my own at night especially.....