PDA

View Full Version : Hello Everyone.

Alvin58
03-10-09, 08:44
Firstly I must say what a helpful and friendly forum this is . I had a really bad panic attack last Tuesday evening ,and since then I have been surfing the Internet looking for help and found this fantastic site !
I have been having panic attacks for 2 or 3 years now , but the last one was the worst . It lasted about 2 hours and about an hour into it my wife phoned an ambulance because she was so scared (and so was I) .
The attack had all the symptoms that are mentioned in this forum - dizziness , palpitations , uncontrollable shaking , dry throat , and the feeling I was going to die of a heart attack . The paramedics stayed with me for at least half an hour until I was calming down a bit and breathing more regularly .
There is so much information on this site that has already helped me . Thank you all so very much .
I look forward to reading and posting some more .
Bye for now.

Fran74
03-10-09, 09:10
Hello and welcome to NMP :welcome:
I am sorry to hear you had a bad one , I am sure you will find this forum very helpfull as i did ( i am still kind of new here myself)
hope you are feeling better now ...

take care
Fran

sarah jayne
03-10-09, 09:30
Hi, im sorry to hear about your awful panic attack, ive had them like that. In fact i used to suffer from them like that all the time until i learned how to control them. Im sure you'll find loads of help and advice on here....x

Alvin58
03-10-09, 09:57
Thanks for the friendly welcome .
I am sure I will find loads of help and advice to control my panic attacks and eventually stop them for good.

:)

Veronica H
03-10-09, 13:39
:welcome: Alvin. Glad that you have found us. I know how frightening a panic attack can be. If you have not yet read it, I can recommend Dr Claire Weekes book 'Self Help For Your Nerves'. This is available from the NMP shop. Dr Weekes was a fellow sufferer, and her work really explains what is happening to us and shows the way to recovery.

Veronica

Maj
03-10-09, 14:19
Hi Alvin,

Yes, I can't vouch enough for what Veronica has told you about the Claire Weeke's books. They will give you such a huge amount of advice and guidance through your anxiety state. It'll end up like a bible to you!! I'm sorry you had such a bad time with your panic attacks - they're horrible aren't they. Look how you got over them though and sounds like you're on the road to recovery. Take care.
Regards
Myra:yesyes: