PDA

View Full Version : Trying to come off

RosiPossum
03-10-09, 10:29
Hi there, I'm new here.
I first went on Paroxetine in August 2008. I was on 20mg and went up to 30mg.
I tried coming off it 10 mg at a time but I literally could not take care of myself. My boyfriend had to feed me, wash me etc.
For the last few months I have been on a liquid dose, coming down 1mg per week.
I'm down to 3mg now, soooo close. But the withdrawal effects are starting up again.
All the way through the tapering down I get the buzzing head if I even am a few hours late with my dose, but now it's constant.

My head buzzes all day long and I'm struggling so hard with this last little bit. I go to Uni on a nursing course, so I can't take any time off to just deal with the effects.

I'm really struggling here to deal with the zaps. I don't know what to do. Does anyone have advice? It would be much appreciated.

Thanks for taking the time to read,
Rosi

jackie xxx
19-11-09, 12:27
hiya,

ask your doc for flouxetine, i was on seroxat for 10 years and tried to come off it, each time went completely off my head until the doc gave me this which takes away any withdrawel or side affects. I also swear by herbal teas by dr strauss, u can get them in holland and barret I use the tranquility during the day and valerian at night, they are really cheap but god you just have to stick with them though, they do taste rotten, but if you where like me youll drink them coz it helps x:bighug1:

julieannboo
21-03-10, 19:48
hiya,

ask your doc for flouxetine, i was on seroxat for 10 years and tried to come off it, each time went completely off my head until the doc gave me this which takes away any withdrawel or side affects. I also swear by herbal teas by dr strauss, u can get them in holland and barret I use the tranquility during the day and valerian at night, they are really cheap but god you just have to stick with them though, they do taste rotten, but if you where like me youll drink them coz it helps x:bighug1:

i have been on seroxat for ten years too. i have tried cutting down to 10mg but after three weeks i had bad, bad thoughts aboiut killing myself. so flouxetine helps then?