PDA

View Full Version : Please Help

matthew
03-10-09, 14:26
Hi,

I really need your help / advice please.

I am a 26 year old male and for the past couple of days I have being experiencing mild pains in my colon (i think), lower right and left of my stomach and rectum. Of course having anxiety makes me worried that it is cancer.

My question is; can anxiety cause mild pains and feelings in these areas???

Thanks for your support

Matthew

Maj
03-10-09, 14:33
Hi Matthew,

Anxiety can cause aches and pains in ANY part of the body. It's just that we always manage to think it's the worst possible scenario!! It can never be a simple ache or pain to us! If you are really worried then you can see your doctor but I'm sure more often than not there'll be absolutely nothing seriously wrong with you. Try and relax and try not to worry about it. Hope you feel better soon.
Regards
Myra:yesyes:

sarah jayne
03-10-09, 16:13
I agree with everything myra says. Anxiety can cause you to have pain anywhere in the body. Whenever i get a pain anywhere i always think of the worst. hope you feel better soon x

gypsywomen
03-10-09, 16:16
if your worred see the docter, but ike others say anxiety can make things worse than they are ,,i have had head cold for a week its worried me ,,so silly isnt it but this illness does that you wll be ok:yesyes: