PDA

View Full Version : Really slipped whilst therapist has been away

desperate
31-10-05, 12:57
Hi guys,

My therapist has been away for 21 days now and tbh I've really struggled without her and that focus, I really feel that I've slipped back a bit and am quite down on myself again now.

I have reams of stuff that i have written whilst she's been away and don't know what to pick out or where to start really. I was thinking about asking for two sessions a week for a few weeks to cacth up? Does it really work like that though?

Just wondering what other people did after they had had a break for a while and had slipped?

First Anxiety...then panic attacks...now GAD and depression...now working on a better future!

RobyBaggio18
31-10-05, 15:51
Are you in the early stages?

If so then it would be only natural that you feel like this. Just think of it as having a broken leg and leaving your crutches behind too early. 3 weeks is a long time with something like anxiety. I've been waiting four months for an appointment!!

Try not to be too hard on yourself, write down all your thoughts and feelings since she's been gone and you'll be able to move from there.

nomorepanic
31-10-05, 22:37
You need to start practising what she taught you. Don't rely on her too much to carry on all the good work.

Think what she told you and how well it made you feel and try to get those thoughts and feelings back. You can do it ok?

Nicola

desperate
01-11-05, 13:24
Hi we weren't really at that stage unfortunately yet. I have suffered from a long time and there is kinda a lot to go through and undo. We were only really at the 'what might help' stage in terms of the depression really.

So i guess it was early stages really.

I do appreciate the not relying on her though. It is something else that has made me worry recently.

First Anxiety...then panic attacks...now GAD and depression...now working on a better future!