PDA

View Full Version : Citalopram= SO TIRED

Crispicakes
03-10-09, 15:52
Ive been on citalopram for over 2 months.. first on 10mg now for the past week on 20mg.. and i am soo tired.. i cant stay awake. I am at work at the moment and i want to go sleep. I slept most of the day yesterday and all night and i can't stop.

I have to drive home a good 30 miles and am scared am gonna fall asleep. Am shaking at the moment and fighting to stay awake. Is anyone else feeling like this?

Also is it just me or is Citalopram a killer to your sexdrive?

Thanks Crissi

suzy-sue
03-10-09, 16:06
Hi Crispicakes ,Cit does make you tired for a while ,It does sometimes help to change what time you take it .I take mine in the evening ,I feel tired in the morning when I have to get up ,but find im not as tired in the daytime as much as i was when I took it in the morning .It can also affect your libido ,but this usually gets better with time , Play some music and open the window on the way home ,it will help keep you awake ..Take care Sue x

NoPoet
04-10-09, 20:02
Hi, citalopram did make me tired when I first took it but this disappeared quickly. I do find it makes my brain feel a bit fried sometimes.

Maybe you could look at taking a vitamin B-complex to boost your energy and improve your mood (B-complex vitamins are legendarily useful to people in our situation), and improve your diet to include less crap and more healthy foods - also eliminate anything you think you might be intolerant to. Improving your diet could benefit you at least as much as taking meds.

Make sure you get into a regular sleeping pattern.

If none of this helps, ask your doctor for a blood test to check for anaemia; lots of people have this condition and they need to take iron supplements.