PDA

View Full Version : Sorry a ladies question!

nervousnikki
04-10-09, 08:27
Hi girls

Just want to know if anyone else get worried bout being pregnant just b4 their period?

Its got so bad that i dont trust contraception of any kind so in order to stop me getiing anx i avoid sex at any cost. Not because i dont love my fella but i'm just sick of getting anx over it, so if i dont do it i cant be preg.

One month i did 6 tests and went for a blood test and i wasn't. Sometimes i feeel so broody and really want another child but when it gets closer to my period my anx peaks and i dont want any more.

Am i odd or does anyone else avoid sex for this reason?

nikki

Southern_Belle
04-10-09, 16:28
Hi Nikki,

Obviously the only 100% way not to get pregnant is to abstain. I do not know what birth control you are on but some of them say the pill are quite effective. I think you should talk to your doctor and discuss your birth control and the exact days you need to avoid sex to get pregnant. This could also be a hormone issue as well. I personally have never abstained like you are doing but we all worry about different things. Good luck to you and I hope you feel better soon.

Take care,

Laura

Joellie
04-10-09, 21:06
Im always worried but the sight of little babies make me want one lol Im actually stopping my birth control because of the depression and anxiety as i think they may be linked and i will just be using condoms for a while (eek!) Ive never really managed to get rid of the worry for it though so i cant help ;_;

AntiLove_SuperStar
05-10-09, 20:48
I have spent a lot more than I'd care to add up on pregnancy tests in the past despite being on the pill and having PCOS and not even really having sex with my boyfriend. Sometimes it took 4 tests or more in a week to convince myself I wasn't pregnant. I think unfortunately its not uncommon.

MissChampers
06-10-09, 12:33
Why not use the pill and condoms?

nervousnikki
07-10-09, 07:52
I cant take the pill due to migraine and thrombosis. Had problems on it and have tried the mini pill but saqme again. Condoms burst!!!! I hate the thought of some thing in my body so cant do the coil either.

It that circle again!