PDA

View Full Version : Cried myself to sleep last night, feel so awful...

sarah jayne
04-10-09, 08:58
Hi as alot of you will be aware ive been suffering with a headache for over 7 weeks. Yesterday i started some new medication called gabapentin and although it relieved the headache it made me feel really tired and weird, i had pain in my chest and felt really panicy all day. It got so much that i broke down last night and coudnt stop crying, i cried myself to sleep. Im sick of being in pain everyday of my life. It started over 2 years ago when i started getting pains in my chest, i went to the doctors numerous times and they finally did tests and found out i have 3 slipped disks in my neck, they say that is what is causing my chest pain. I dont believe them, i really dont see how my neck can cause me to have sudden agonising pain in my chest, sometimes it aches all day. I feel so tired all the time, ive always got something wrong with me, i feel like im waiting to die and im not going to see my children grow up. Im crying as i write this cause i just dont know what to do...x

pollyanna
04-10-09, 09:13
Awwww sarah jayne... a big hug hun :bighug1:, im sorry you are feeling so low and in pain, i wish i could say/do something to make things better.
I dont know anything about the meds you are on, but maybe after you habve taken them for a while, the tiredness and weird feeling will wear off.

The pain in your chest as they say is coming from your neck, is what they call referred pain, which means that you have having pain from your neck, the origin of the pain , but feeling it in your chest, does that make sense?.
I know when thoughts and the pain are strong you will find this hard to believe.
i hope you have a better day today...
take care, and remember we are always here for you..:hugs: :hugs:x

P x

BabyRachel
04-10-09, 11:24
I am so sorry your in such pain and distress.. Many times I have felt the same - you get so damn tired of feeling sick alll the time..

I don't know anything about your medication but it might help to speak to the prescribing doctor about it. I was recently put on new medication and I was plauged by thoughts and feelings like yours and after going back to her and asking lots of questions (I wrote them all down beforehand because otherwise i forget) and giving the medication some time it is beginning to work itself out and by having knowledge you feel much more reassured that it won't last forever and is just temporary.

You will see your children grow up. Believe that although it feels horrible now it will be okay bit by bit and one day it will be not a worry in your mind!

Best wishes.. Be strong even though it feels overwhelmingly hard..

xxxx

sarah jayne
04-10-09, 14:51
Thanks for your lovely messages. It feels good knowing that i can talk to people on here that know what im going through. Thanks xxxxx

Southern_Belle
04-10-09, 17:04
Hi Sarah Jayne,

I can't express how sorry I am that you are having to live your life in so much physical pain. I too suffer from chronic pain from a variety of reasons and one of them are migraines that last for 3 days and just put me under the train. Every day of my life I wake up and go to bed in pain. I have suffered now for 30 years and guess it will just continue.

I would think with disc issues they could repair them. Are you seeing a neurologist? My sister just had back surgery via her neck (not her back because the healing time is so much quicker and it is easier) and she is now in no more pain. After going to many doctors a neurologist or neurosurgeon fixed her problem. I hope you can find an answer for your pain to end. Till then, please know you are not alone and I'm thinking of you and hang in there.

Take care,

Laura

sarah jayne
04-10-09, 17:55
Hi Laura, yes ive seen a neurosurgen who said that he could operate but he said its very risky and theres only a slight chance of it working, he said it would probably take away the pain i get in my arm but not the pain in my neck and chest, and those are where the pain is worse. He said i should leave it as a last resort and try and find some medication that helps but im giving up hope. Its not a nice operation, it involves going in through my throat and removing the bad disks and putting a cage there instead. If it would definately work i would have it done tomorrow but i darent take the risk because people have ended up in a wheelchair. Ive got an appointment at the pain clinic next week so im hoping they can come up with something.
Im really sorry that you also suffer from chronic pain, it must of been a nightmare putting up with it for so many years ! You would think that by this day and age they would have come up with something.......x