PDA

View Full Version : can i half my meds

burberrygirl72
04-10-09, 19:35
been prescribed citalopram 10mg can i half it for first two wks then take the whole ten mg on wk three im just so scared of having bad side affects xx

NoPoet
04-10-09, 19:49
Hi, yes you can just cut your tablet in half for 2 weeks then go up to the full 10mg tablet. Don't worry about side effects, they may not happen. Even if they do they don't last forever!

burberrygirl72
04-10-09, 19:52
im so scared of taking them though reading all the side effects have sent me into one big panic attack but i do want to get better so im going to tale half now and see how i go thankyou for your quick reply x

NoPoet
04-10-09, 19:54
Hi, read my citalopram survival guide, I had horrible side effects but look at me now, I'm alive and well and I am vastly improved from how I felt 8 months ago. Citalopram side effects only last a few weeks at most... they mark the starting point of your journey. Keep going no matter what, and concentrate on getting well!!

den68
04-10-09, 21:08
thats what i have done. Doc told me to take 20mg but took 5mg tuesday night ( first night ).side effects wernt half as bad as i had feared abit tired and sleepy and felt a bit sick for first 2 days by friday felt much less sick. Last night i took 10mg been feeling a bit saick today and a bit of a headahe but again not too bad. Im working my way up dose. I would give it ago on 5mg if i were you

burberrygirl72
05-10-09, 08:37
thankyou so much for your replys taken half of a ten mg last night very sleepy but thats all up to now x