PDA

View Full Version : I cant take much more...

Kirsty-Jayne
04-10-09, 21:31
Okay, here goes..
I started my job almost 9 months ago, was please that i'd found a job and i hadn't had a panic attack in that time. Always been worried about shops, but i set my target higher and went for it, got the job, loved it but then...
I had my first panic attack of 8 months, i couldnt concentrate on the customers, my boss, money i was putting in the till, what the customers were asking me, it waa horrifying, i ran off out the back and shakily sipped a glass of water... While the backup fridge and freezer was kicking out more heat then you could imagine.. there started my life of hell, yet again! Went to the doctors, he put me on Diazepam (didn't work) we then tried, Cilitapram (didn't work cos i was to stubborn to try, wanted to give up) Last thursday, he gave me Flouxetine... was bugged by my boyfriend to take it, so monday just gone, i did. Is it weird to say i dont think they have kicked in yet? Is it normal to not want to go out? I used to drink alot, as im only 20 and i love being out with my friends, cos i cant drink on these.. im becoming what i assume to be paranoia about having one sober... my mum and dad are beginning to worry, but im waiting to see how i feel, before i go out.. i've only had drowsiness and a little pain in my chest as side effects, thats all, so that answers everyone else's questions on the side effects, im running out of options.. i losing the will to live.. please help! Just need some helpful advise :(

BexieB
05-10-09, 16:39
Hi Shortie

You'll hear the same old story echoing through this site - Antidepressant medication takes time to work. Please Stick with it. Most people find it really helps - eventually. I know how horrible it is to look back at your old life and yearn to have it back, but you will get there.

Big Hugs

Bexie:bighug1:

Delaney
05-10-09, 20:08
I agree with BexieB hun, ive been on ad's (cit) for 8 months now (40mgs) an it does work, not 100%, but more like 70% in my case, but i always want my old life back which leads me to self-harm, overdosing etc, but in all, ad's do help in the long run, but you have to do the most work as the ad's carry you to door, but you have to knock so to speak, hope that helped

never, never, never give up - Winston Churchill

blondekay09
07-10-09, 14:56
Hi Shortie

You'll hear the same old story echoing through this site - Antidepressant medication takes time to work. Please Stick with it. Most people find it really helps - eventually. I know how horrible it is to look back at your old life and yearn to have it back, but you will get there.

Big Hugs

Bexie:bighug1:
I had depression and took an overdose on paracetamol etc... while i was in hospital they took me off my antidepressant tablets and i have not had 1 since then.... it has been about 4 months now and i have got better since... I cant even look at a tablet without feeling like im gunna vomit because the overdose scared me so much.... but since i have been off the tablets i have started going out more offen and trying to help myself. This may be because of the scare or not taking the tablets or maybe a bit of both...... not sure on that
All i know is im actually smiling atleast once a week so its gotta be good
kay x