PDA

View Full Version : Pain in the neck!!

judipat
05-10-09, 06:45
I was beginning to feel the best I've felt for years when I went down with a very nasty virus - anyway, got over that and then last weekend I started getting a painful neck and shoulders. I thought I had slept funny at first but it has just got worse. The pain radiates from my neck, across my upper back and is particulary bad in my left shoulder and left upper arm. It is so painful, I feel like crying sometimes.
Went to the docs and he thinks I may have a trapped nerve but I'm not convinced (surprise, surprise!!)
I've been popping pain killers like sweets and I dont know how long I can cope with this.
Anyone else????

Gazman
05-10-09, 10:55
Sounds similiar to me, I have mild pain tho...

Mine is in the left side of my neck at the back and travels down through my shoulder blade and into my upper left arm, to me it feels like someone is gripping my upper arm and pulling down, doctor siad it ispossibly severe tension or a trapped nerve.

I find light exercise is helping, walking, riding bike etc, and then once the body is warmed up i do some light stretches.

Ever since this anxiety lark i've had pain in both arms and shoulders, forarms, lower back trapped nerve feeling going down me left leg.

I highly doubt that suffering anxiety and these pains is not related.