PDA

View Full Version : new person

mandamoo
15-07-03, 15:23
hi

my names amanda, im 25 and ive developed a profound fear of death, dying, illness and accidents both my own and people close to me but mainly my own. i have mild panic attacks that started very recently. im not sure it is panic attacks actually - i just concentrate on my breathing too hard and then cant 'remember' how to do it properly - anyone else get that?
im no stranger to mental illness as ive been depressed on and off since i was about 16. partly environmental and partly genetic i think. anyway, im currently doing an MA and this is when the phobias began - this has never happened to me before, ditto the breathing thing. currently taking citalopram but have had seroxat in the past. ive just started counselling, but would like to hear from anyone who has a similar fear or would just like to chat. (mandamo500@aol.com)feel very alone although have a very understanding partner. feel like noone takes me seriously, or think im just attention seeking.

im frightened that ill die before ive done everything i want to do. feel like im running out of time.

hope everyone is coping ok

amanda
xx:(

nomorepanic
15-07-03, 21:54
Amanda's email address is actually:

mandamoo500@aol.com

Jo
16-07-03, 10:19
Hi Amanda - my name is Jo. I too suffer with panic attacks, which in the past, has manifested itself into certain fears/phobias. At the beginning, when my panic attacks were quite frequent, I would often think I would die, and that I hadn't done all the things I wanted/needed to do.

It did, in the beginning, affect all areas of my life - particularly my degree course, which I decided to defer for a year.

Maybe we could arrange a time/day to go into the chat room to have a natter?? Not only will it be nice to have a chin wag, you will meet people in a similar boat, that possibly experience the same types of feelings/fears you have.

No pressure Amanda

Jo xx

Joanne
16-07-03, 17:31
Hi Amanda!
Hope to see you in the chat room. :-)
Joanne x

sunnyspice
18-07-03, 16:27
hiya amanada i to have a innate fear of dying... mine is so bad i find i think about it all the time despite how much i try not to
i too feel like no one understands my fear espically my partner who despite how wonderful he is as no understanding of wot i am going through
my biggest fear is dying and leaving my 3 boys motherless i know they have a wonderful dad and my partner 2 look after them as well ( am divorced live with new partner)but i still feel i need 2 be here 2 help them grow some more
if you would ever like 2 e-mail me my addy is
shadowess90@hotmail.com
would be great 2 chat 2 someone who probaly understands my fears

wendy

Cymraes
23-08-03, 18:37
Hi
I also have a fear of illness and dying and am more often than not consummed by thoughts of death, especially my own or my boyfriend.

I have always had this fear since I was young but the phobia intensifies when I suffer panic attacks. I have tried all methods of blocking my catastrophic thoughts but nothing seems to work.

At the moment I'm suffering very few panic attacks but I am still scared. I think I know why my phobia began but no idea how to control the phobia.

Perhaps we can all meet in the chat room and discuss - it would be good to know that I'm not the only person feeling like I do.

Julie

Buby
27-11-03, 18:00
hello im rachel aka ratchit,
i've suffered from panic attacks all my life and i am only 14.I have a fear of vomiting and others vomiting, school, going to bed, the heat and crowds. my panic attacks aren't as frequent as they used to be. but they are still here. I go in the chatroom most of the time and would all love to see you in there. It does me good to talk to other people and see what they panic about and see how they cope.
hope to see you in there.
Rachel. xxx