PDA

View Full Version : cipralex no replies?

vernon
31-10-05, 19:22
Wonder why none replied?

Hi all. I have been much better the past few months, as I have said. Especially since I had surgery at the end of June and got some of my sight back. I been so busy and doing so much I hadn’t done for years. But the past few weeks have not been feeling nowhere near as well and not feeling like doing and achieving things like I have been, The worst is the morning and getting worst Really hard to get up (I used to get up quite quick and able to got moving pretty soon after getting up) But now just find it so hard to get up and don’t want to stay in bed but so hard not to until late. Coughing pretty bad and tight chest (I know smoking don’t help this) When I get out of bed lately I need to sit at side of bed for quite a while and take ages getting dressed. SO SO tired on getting up. I have been getting real bad pains in my elbow joints they have even hurt on lifting even a large bottle of pop. So really run down on getting up but I do feel better later on in the day. But do feel more tired last few weeks. I have been on Cipralex now for about 9 months 20mgand was wondering if anyone ells has been on Cipralex longish term and is there any of these symptoms I mentioned connected to this med? I have been a lot more anxious through the day also just lately so was thinking of asking doctor for 10mg meds in place of the 20mg and try breaking one in half and reducing from 20 to 15 for a month or so then down to 10 etc. Another thing I found that seemed to happen is when the dark nights and colder weather has arrived. Maybe not getting out because its dark has an effect on the mood also, I was staying out in garden until about 10pm staying busy while the weather allowed. I still try to keep busy indoors but not the same? Anyway the main reason I posted was to hear if anyone ells on Cipralex or similar meds have had these sorts of effects? Thanks all and take care. Vernon

nomorepanic
31-10-05, 19:38
Vern

I saw your post but as you know have never been on it so can't comment.

I am sure people will see it soon and reply. There seems to be over 30 new topics a day now so takes some time to read them all.

Hang in there someone will see it.

Nicola

vernon
31-10-05, 23:07
thanks nic. Just seemed disapointed that I was doing so well then seem to be falling back. just wondered if meds can give these symtoms sohave decided to reduce them slowly and see what happens/ thanks

Piglet
01-11-05, 09:46
Aww Verny mate so sorry but I couldn't reply cos I don't know anything about that tablet.

Sending you a big hug and hoping you feel better soon and that someone can answer who knows more.

Love Pig :)

"Supposing a tree fell down, Pooh, when we were underneath it?" said Piglet.
"Supposing it didn't," said Pooh after careful thought.

mjh74
01-11-05, 10:41
Vernon,

We've both been on this drug for about the same period of time and I think I increase dose to 20mg about a month after you. At the minute I am pretty "steady", I seem to wake up at a set time each morning and get tired at a set time at night since taking these pills. I haven't woken up shaking since about a month after starting them and get up with relative ease now. They seem to lessen my bouts of anxiety but also make my mind very active which isn't always a good thing. Overall the affect is good so far but funnily (or not so), when I've been getting home for the past few nights from work I've been painfully tired and all I can relate it to is the change in season! Last year I suffered badly from SAD and felt so penned in with it always being dark and felt very lethargic. I'm wondering if it's having some sort of affect this time.

I hope this helps!

Mark

vernon
01-11-05, 11:53
thanks PigletXX Tahnks MJH, Yeh over all I am much better but latley realy hard getting up and taking ages and plenty of tea and coffee before i can move lol. Maybe as you say winter. Take care. Vernon

sal
02-11-05, 00:49
Hi Vernon

You are on the same meds as i am and it took me til the second time to get anywhere. The first time i thought i had lost the plot but when the doctor suggested the second try i felt even worse, but she suggested taking 20 mg in smaller doses so i cut them in quarter as didnt want the side affects i suffered from taking 20 mg from the start how i did. I took it slowly and in the end i benefitted. This December i will have being on them for three years and have just reduced my dose down to 40 mg from 60 mg.

Know they dont suit everyone but they have helped me loads. Did suffer how you felt well into the first 6 months but also during those 6 months i felt benefits that compensated for the tiredness etc.

If you want to talk email me you number and i will call you. Made a difference to my life and if you have read my personall story without cimpramil i am not sure where i would be now.

Love Sal xx

Dont mess up the best things in your life, just because at present you are unsure who you are.

"Life is a distance and to travel that distance you were given the strength and guidance to do so".