PDA

View Full Version : 1 Month since last pill

Tracy43
05-10-09, 20:04
Hi Everyone
( cool new site by the way)
Well its a month since I took my last pill and I feel pretty good. The non stop tiredness has gone, libedo has increased :) and I feel pretty good.
Cipralex got me through a very bad patch but having now come off them I realise just how weird they make you feel.
I see my doctor for the first time since I came of them tomorrow so it will be good for her to see me doing well.
Good luck to you all regardless of going on the pills, coming off etc

:yesyes:

joy
06-10-09, 10:32
that makes me feel better as I'm thinking of stopping my A/ds as i've tried so many which havent worked I feel going without maybe better at least I will know if its the pills or the illness causing the symptoms. Seeing the shrink tomorrow to discuss it

Joy

Dee01
07-10-09, 09:46
Fair play to you!!!!!!!! I'm in the process of coming off them at the moment, but its taking forever. I'm glad there's life after lexapro!!!

Dee01
03-11-09, 11:44
Hi Tracy,

How are you getting on with out Lex??

D

fedupofcit
28-12-09, 00:28
I have tried lots of times to stop taking Escitalopram and I get the normal brain zaps which drives me crazy and I feel like shit and end up giving in and taking them again. I have decided to start the new year fresh and have reduced to 2.5mg.

I have got the brain zaps back and am feeling shit, sore heads, dizzziness, cough, flu like symptons (you name it) but I am determined to get off them as I feel I can cope now. Dont get me wrong though, they did help me and that was the main thing. I just want to stop putting foreign things in to my body if I can help it...

What I do get is virtually no Libido and Erectyle Dysfunction. I so need this part of my life back Ha!.....

Panic33
28-12-09, 11:23
Thats great to hear, Im due to see my GP tomoz to start coming off my meds.

KK77
28-12-09, 17:08
I have tried lots of times to stop taking Escitalopram and I get the normal brain zaps which drives me crazy and I feel like shit and end up giving in and taking them again. I have decided to start the new year fresh and have reduced to 2.5mg.

I have got the brain zaps back and am feeling shit, sore heads, dizzziness, cough, flu like symptons (you name it) but I am determined to get off them as I feel I can cope now. Dont get me wrong though, they did help me and that was the main thing. I just want to stop putting foreign things in to my body if I can help it...

What I do get is virtually no Libido and Erectyle Dysfunction. I so need this part of my life back Ha!.....

Well, I can see why you're fedupofcit ... It does sound as though you got the full works re withdrawals and side effects.

Everyone's body is different though - it's just that you're one of the unlucky ones it seems...

The headaches were the worst symptoms for me - didn't get brain zaps but had them in the past when coming off Seroxat.

Joonyer
15-02-10, 23:17
Hi all

I'm on day 4 without Escitalopram after 5yrs on 10mg. I went down to 5mg for about a month, then one every other day, then one every 3rd day, stopping on friday just gone.

So far had the moodswings starting today, the tiredness, and the good old "electric shocks" in the brain/entire body. Got a bit of double vision too but not too bad. Just hoping I don't get the full blown side effects I used to get when I missed too many meds...

Happy Matt --> Depressed Matt --> Angry Screaming Matt --> Crying Matt --> Happy Matt (repeat a hundred times)

Oh and in the last 4hrs or so I keep going from sweating like a pig in a fire, to freezing, and back again. Annoying.

Well done on making it to a month, the hard bit is over I reckon! You must be really pleased :) Can't wait til I'm at my month...

Matt