PDA

View Full Version : Feeling great now.

SUZY Q
06-10-09, 10:53
Hi, I havent written on here for ages so i thought i would say how ive been getting on. I have been on 10mg escitalopram for a few months now. I feel like a new person. I cant believe how bad i use to be. Im able to take my son to and from school without thinking what if i feel panicky. I go shopping with friends and by myself. I can go out for evenings with my husband and feel great. Can drive over to my mums without feeling panicky if i get stuck in a bit of traffic. I still have the odd funny day where i feel a bit anxious but now i can handle it better and say to myself oh well i will feel better 2moz. I still get a bit nervous about going to new places but as soon as i get to where im going im fine. My husband has just bought me a beautiful white german shepherd puppy for my birthday and im really looking froward to taking her out for long walks (before i couldnt even walk up to the top of my road). I would just like to say that when i started escitalopram i was really worried incase it didnt help me. But i now know it was the best thing for me to do. It just takes time to start working properly. Im hoping to maybe come off the tabs in a couple of months. :yesyes: Suzy. x

Fran74
06-10-09, 11:23
Hello Suzy
that is nice to hear..I hope to feel as good as you do now very soon although I feel am a long way away from feeling better ...I have just started propranolol but not feeling great yet..maybe need to give it sometimes..
The dog will help you so much ..unfortunatly I am renting so can't have a dog but i walk once in a while a friends dog and whenever I do I feel so much happier..
I am very happy for you :hugs:
Best
Fran

SUZY Q
06-10-09, 18:35
Hi Fran thanx for your reply. Ihope you start feeling better soon. It took me a while to feel better and i did have to start pushing myself to do things which was hard. But once i did something once it got easier each time. Good luck and stick with the tabs im sure you will be feeling alot better soon.
suzy :)

Fran74
06-10-09, 22:51
:Hello Suzy
thanks a lot for your words ..i will try and push myself as i want to get better and not worst..
If the dog is the one in your forum picture i have to say is so so cute ..it will make such a happy companion for you
hope to speak soon
take care
Fran