PDA

View Full Version : Alcohol and Sertraline: Two days after

captainworry
06-10-09, 11:42
Hey guys, hope everyone is feeling ok.

I Posted this in the HA forum as well, but figured it may be better suited here, as it would be great to get some feedback.

I've been doing well lately, not perfect, but ok.
So good in fact that i had a rather big weekend of 2 nights that included loads of drinking alcohol.

All was fine the day after both nights out, just a little dusty.
However, the next day back at work has been terrible.

I've had a tight throat feeling, awful brain fog with other strange head feelings, plus a couple of 'rocking', vertigo type dizzy head experiences.
All round - not fun and very hard to be at work.

Just wondering if this is something the Alcohol combined with Sertraline could have done? Or just random anxiety making its return - just strange that its happening when I'm feeling rather good.

Love to hear your thoughts.
Captn'

Panic33
06-10-09, 15:38
From what I've read I don't think the alcohol would have done anything because you are on ADs, but alcohol is a depressant and prob kicked your anxiety back off.

KK77
06-10-09, 17:59
I don*t drink but don*t think it would be a good idea to combine the two - esp heavy drinking. As Panic said alcohol is a depressant and can interfere with the antidepressant effect of the sertraline. I don*t think a drink every now and then would be a problem but I wouldn*t recommend going on "benders"!

captainworry
06-10-09, 22:17
yeah, i had two benders. Still have this brain fog.

Angelai
07-10-09, 23:13
I found that up to 3 days were required to get over a good night out when taking sertraline - would feel absolutely useless, tired, foggy, tearful, anxious, throat thing, dizzy etc... very similar to how I felt if I missed 2 or more pills in a row (which I did more times than I can make excuses for...)

(I stopped taking sertraline about 4 months ago)