PDA

View Full Version : I used 2 panic

BB2005
01-11-05, 00:33
Hi. Im new here, i dunno if ive put this is the right place but i will prob find out by someone lol.

I dunno wen or how this started excatly but i have been panicin for the last few yrs of my life.
When i was at school (secondary school) i panic about everything. The first few years were fine till i got to yr 9. We had the same form tutor since yr 7 but beggin off yr 10 she was leaving, me and her got on really really well, she was like a mate i cud talk too even though she was a teacher. Anyway when i found out she wouldnt be our form tutor anymore i thought '' i cant do this''. I refused to go to school, the first few times i pulled sickys and my mum let me off school then she knew something was wrong, she asked me what was wrong but i couldnt tell her, i didnt know what was wrong. I couldnt get my head around about what happend. A few weeks later she had 2 drag me to school because i refused to go, she called my new head of yr to try and purswade me to come in but it didnt help. She would drive me to schoool then wait till i got out, i never did. She went into the school and got my new head of yr and new form tutor to come and get me outta the car. They pulled and pulled but i wouldnt get outta the car.
Finally i went to my doctor about this. He gave me some pills to stop me panicking, they helped a lot. I went into school when i got the convidence to go in, but i didnt go to lessons. I sat in my head of yrs office and did work there. It was alright, i could cope with it until she tried to push me to go to lessons and i wouldnt. Then it all started again. Finally i went to a few lessons where i felt confortable, were i had mates i could trust and teachers that knew what was going on/how i felt. It came to yr 11. Was my final yr, i thought i could do this, go back to all my lessons and b ok. I was thinking positve. I went back to all my lessons but took me a while with family, teachers and friends help. I did all my exams and everything. I think i was like this coz something happend when i was at school. I was raped when i was 15, i think this was partly to do with it and that i had low confidence. The guy who raped me was in my junior school and came up with me to secondary school. He was in the same form as me all the way through school.I saw him every day. I went to see my school councellor for about 3/4 months and she helped me a lot. She prepared me for the life after school finished i guess.

I still have low confidence but it is growing everyday. I still have panic attacks but not so often and thier over silly things. Im on anti- depressents which are helping. My life is nearly on track now.

Has anyone else been in the same situation ive been in? I feel really stupid posting and thinking about it now because i realise how stupid i was.

Thanks to anyone who replies to this

~Boo Boo~

mirry
01-11-05, 08:41
HI BB

Glad you came to this site to talk about your panics, from reading what you have been through its no wonder you have suffered from anxiety... but also I was thinking what a brave girl you were to carry on with school (even if it was with your doctors help).
I havent been thru exactly the same as you but I have experianced upseting things in my childhood and have been told by my councillor this is the cause of my panics.........basically I have a problem with being trapped, in large crowds or someone talking to me (makes me want to get away fast).
You dont say how old you are now ? and also have you recieved any counciling ? I have only been to 2 sessions and i reccomend it because its really helping me see why i am like i am and best of all its showing me ITS NOT MY FAULT!

You have taken a step in the right direction coming on here because there are lots of really good people about and we all help each other with our feelings of frustration and despair.
Let us know how you get on

mirryx

rois
01-11-05, 10:21
Hi welcome to the forum, this ite is great to chat to others who are going through the same thing as you! Well you've certainly come through a lot and you should be proud of yourself, I spent my whole time at school panicking but just didn't tell anyone I think it's gotten worse since I've left school. Don't ever think your posts are stupid, no problem is too small or stupid just talk about it and you're always guaranteed good listeners and advice on here[8D]

"Ther goes the fear, let it go. You turn around and life's passed you by, you look to those you love to justify...there goes the fear."

BB2005
01-11-05, 23:16
Hey..

thank for replying to my post. Im 18 now. I have had some councelling yea but i dont now. She was a good councellorand helped me through a lot (this was outside of school). I might look for a councellorim not sure, i am coping ok but i have bad days like today. I have been all over the place.Do you find councelling is helin u? How old r u?

~Boo Boo~

sal
02-11-05, 01:17
Hi hun

What you have being through no one can imagine but you came thorugh it although scarred and wouldnt anyone.

You are a strong person. No one has the right to do that to another person and how you have coped has shown a strong character.

It has got to you now but no one would expect anything else. We will help you all we can and if you want to talk pm me with your number and i will call you.

Love Sal xx

Dont mess up the best things in your life, just because at present you are unsure who you are.

"Life is a distance and to travel that distance you were given the strength and guidance to do so".

Peru83
02-11-05, 08:35
Hi Boo Boo,

Sorry to hear all that you have been through, I personally don't know what to say as I haven't been through the same thing. I would say that you post is by no means stupid! no post ever is. Never be afraid to post anything on here hun, what ever you are feeling! If your down, happy, sad ect let us know we are all here for you :D.

Glad to hear that the Anti-D's are working for you and that you are starting to feel better in yourself.

Take Carexx

Claire

"Of all the things I've lost I miss my mind the most!"