PDA

View Full Version : anyone else taking 10mg as their standard dose?

chickpea
06-10-09, 17:41
I'm on 10mg, but my GP has said that it's really only for "frail, little old ladies" and won't be doing any real good.
However, I had a horrible reaction to the only 20mg pill I took, and after 4 weeks on 10mg, my anxiety is almost non-existant and I feel pretty good.

Is anyone else on 10mg on a long-term basis (ie not on the way up to a higher dose, or coming down from a higher dose)?

How has it helped you? Or hasn't it?

Worrier
06-10-09, 18:29
Hi Chickpea,

When I was on Lexapro I was only ever on 10mg and it worked fine for me. I took it for about 2 1/2 years and thought it was a life saver. If you think the 10mg is working for you, stick with it.

Take care
Natalie x

Joellie
06-10-09, 19:22
Hey chickpea! Im supposed to be upping to 20mg but im really too scared im gonna keep on this for another week and see.

PoppyC
06-10-09, 19:41
Hi
My gp started me on 10mg citalopram in March - I am not a frail old lady :unsure:-and I gradually over the weeks increased them to the amount I am on now and find that they are really helping me. I would not be without them.
He said that by starting citalopram on a low dose it reduces the side effects, rather than start taking for the first time on 20mg.It took me over 2 months for me to start fully experiencing the positive effects.:yahoo:

HappyNow
06-10-09, 22:18
Been takin 10mg for a few months now - it's just fine for ME. Works a TREAT!
'Course everyone's different though.

:)

burberrygirl72
07-10-09, 18:21
well he has gave me 10mg too and i have halfed it for two wk thn gonna take the ten mg for the following two wks hope they work for me as im too scared to up my dose like my doc says he will do x

Joellie
07-10-09, 19:49
I think i will up my dose next monday as my boyfreind is staying monday nigth so if i get bad side effects tuesday il have him to get me motivated and out the door to work placement! Thats the plan anyway lol

Veronica H
07-10-09, 19:53
I'm on 10mg of Citalopram and it works for me....I am 50 though so does that put me in the frail old lady catagory:weep:

Veronica

burberrygirl72
07-10-09, 20:03
my friend has been on 10 mg for 3 years she is 26 and doing brill on thm thats why im sticking thm out bad side afects today but starting to feel bit more human now lol until the next tablet tomo :(

roo2002
11-10-09, 09:44
I started my treatment on 10mg, felt a massive difference after just a couple weeks, the doc recommended moving up to 20mg which I did, but to be honest it didnt really make much difference to the 10mg, I went back down to 10mg as soon as I could and have been on that for a month again now...I feel my depression is fading away altogether- like anything medicine wise - im sure its personal how it affects you & it has to be what suits you - not everyone is the same!
ps. im 26.
Sar

chickpea
11-10-09, 10:04
I've decided to move up to 15 mg, as my anxiety has been better but I have been feeling more depressed this week.
The first increased dose yesterday had some brief side effects, so I'm glad I didn't go straight to 20mg.

Thanks for all your replies.:)

allyp82
22-10-09, 12:32
I started on 10mg for a week before going up to 20mg as advised. However, the 10mg made me feel so much better within that first week - i was amazed because i wasn't expecting them to. I did go up to the 20mg because thats what the doctor said to do, but i didn;t notice a lot of positive difference. I did however, notice weight gain and food cravings - which i dopn;t want. So now i have decided to go back down to the 10mg because they seem to work for me, and maybe I won't have quite so much weight gain or cravings......