08-10-09, 19:44
Just been up'd from 50mg to 100mg after 6weeks

Jill-Louise
08-10-09, 23:22
Looks like i'm on quite a high dose by the looks of it.....:sad:

Panic33
09-10-09, 08:35
Looks like i'm on quite a high dose by the looks of it.....:sad:
Are you taking 150mg? has it helped you?

KK77
09-10-09, 15:26
How's the 100mg going panic? Do you feel any better? I'm going through hell with this new med ... Headache, nausea, being sick but least I'll lose a bit of weight lol!

nikk_dolittle
09-10-09, 15:51
i'm on 150mg

Panic33
09-10-09, 18:53
Only started the up'd dose today - had no extra side effects, but not noticed anything yet - but is first day I've taken at 100mg. Awh Melancholia I'm sorry hear that. I'm still getting tension head aches and tired most of day, oh and ridiculous dry mouth all the time.

sue.b
09-10-09, 19:56
I have been on 200mg of sertraine for the last 12 days. I increased by 25mg every 2-3 weeks. I think this is the highest recommended dose :weep:.

Got an appointment with my phsychiatrist on 19th october, I am hoping that i continue to improve as i would not like to go through a change ad's.

Take care

Sue

Panic33
09-10-09, 20:05
Has it helped Sue? Are you better than started and how are you feeling at the moment?

sue.b
09-10-09, 20:15
I am definatly improving thank you, I am not as anxious, I am sleeping and eating better, my mood is not as low in the mornings as it was and I am have periods of time where I forget that I am suffering with depression/anxietyetc. Which is a positive sign i guess.

The only thing for me that not improving as much is my agoraphobia. As this came back with a vengence. With the depression I just haven't had the energy or the motivation to fight it off.

I am setting small goals now and starting to move forward but it is a slow process. In fact my whole recovery feels very slow....and i want to be better right now....lol.

How are you doing, i notice you have increased to 100 mg, i suppose it will be a little while before you feel the benefits. If only AD's were like Asprin, take one wait an hour, depression and anxiety gone...if only!!!

Take care

Sue :hugs:

Panic33
09-10-09, 20:20
Gald to hear your improving :)
Im doing better than was. I do get times where I forget, but then anxiety symptoms hit me from nowhere which I don't understand because at the time im not worrying. Funny you say ur mood not as low in the mornings, because Im usual at my best in the evening and the morning n day are my worst times. I'm hoping the increase makes a difference.

sue.b
09-10-09, 20:37
I think i was a bit misleading in my post. I am worse in the mornings too, but this last week I haven't felt as bad in the mornings as i have over the last 3 months.

Some evenings I feel back to my old self, and can visualise coping with all the things i have always coped with, but when i wake in the morning the anxiety and low mood are usually there to greet me!!

I am glad you are feeling a bit better. I have gone through that stage of sudden anxiety for no apparent reason, but I think sometimes a negative thought pops into our minds so fleeting and maybe not recognised, but the feelings are immediate and seemingly out of no where.

I was told that the, I'll say,the primitive part of our brain where the fight or flight response originates, reacts milliseconds quicker than the rational part of the brain, so the adrenaline and all its unpleasant symptoms are triggered before we manage to rationalise our negative thought, then often, from there on in it is the fear of fear that keeps the cycle going.

Take care

Sue :hugs:

Panic33
09-10-09, 21:05
I can fully relate to what you mean about feeling back to old self in the evening only to be back to anxiety in the morning. I think you prob right why the symptoms hit me before I notice I am worrying.
Did you get dull headaches (like head full pressure at the front ), tiredness, dry mouth, brain fog (sometimes)? These are they only real side effects I'm still getting from the med.

sue.b
10-10-09, 00:10
Yeah, i seemed to get lots of side effects, loss of appetite, shaky, dry mouth, brain fog, tiredness, and headaches but most of all sky high anxiety.

Most of these side effects have died down now. One thing I do get is the twitches. Usually just as i am relaxing either sitting in the armchair or in bed. My leg will jerk or my arm or shoulder, sometimes all together. Its like i jump. Have you experienced this at all. I am not sure if it is caused by the meds or tension from anxiety. Drives my hubby mad at night when i am asleep, the twitching keeps him awake sometimes:blush:

Panic33
10-10-09, 09:45
I get the occasional twitch as Im about to fall asleep but not really any more than I did before the I started the ADs. How long did it take for the other side effect to die down? Did they increase each time you up'd the dose?

sue.b
10-10-09, 10:57
I would say the side effects eased down after 2weeks, but each time I increased my dose they came back. Once I was on 150mg the increase to 175mg and then upto 200mg the side effects were minimal.

I suppose because compared to the levels of Ad in my body, the increases in dose at this stage were less percentage wise.

Anyway hope you have a good day today.

Take care

Sue

Panic33
10-10-09, 13:21
I'm still getting headaches, dry mouth tiredness and i've done over 6weeks. The other harsher side effects have gone tho - the panic attacks and major anxiety increases, but I do still get anxiety. Hoping the higher dose helps. Does it take 2weeks for an up'd dose to kick in like when you first start ADs?

sue.b
10-10-09, 20:37
I usually find it take 3 weeks plus for me to feel any benefit after an increase, but everyone is different. Hopefully your increase will kick in sooner.

Panic33
10-10-09, 21:48
I usually find it take 3 weeks plus for me to feel any benefit after an increase, but everyone is different. Hopefully your increase will kick in sooner.

Thanks for getting back to me Sue - your a great help :)

Panic33
11-10-09, 14:21
Quick update - been very up and down since the increase - 5mins good, 5 mins bad - hoping its just the increase and it will get better.

sue.b
11-10-09, 17:17
I am sure it will improve, I can remeber being the same, very up and down so many times in a day.

I read in a book written by a phychaiatrist that middle recovery is extremely up and down, but the general direction is up.

Try not to worry as this will only increase the anxiety.

Panic33
11-10-09, 18:15
Thanks Sue - always reassuring your posts :)

bubbly
22-12-09, 19:27
im on 100, started on 50, no effect whatsoever, after two months switched 100, and eight months on, they suit me fine, now much better :) ..bubbly x

Panic33
25-12-09, 17:06
im on 100, started on 50, no effect whatsoever, after two months switched 100, and eight months on, they suit me fine, now much better :) ..bubbly x

Did your Gp not wana take you off them when you felt better? 100mg seems to work for me , but now I feel Ok GP wants to take me off

bubbly
30-12-09, 21:34
hi, in reply, i was on sertraline before, 5 years ago. i decided myself when i felt ready to come off them. this year i became unwell again with depression and anxiety, i recognised that i was going downhill again, my doctor put me on them again. yes been on them 8 months, not sure when i will come off them again, but i know i need to have cbt and deal with problems from the past, because i realise now, that it wont go away with medication alone. :) i am feeling better now, but this is just the start of recovery. :D