PDA

View Full Version : Can a mouth abcess cause stomach upset and sickness?

sarah jayne
07-10-09, 09:16
Hi ive had an abcess in my gum for about 3 weeks, ive tried 2 different types of antibiotics but they havent worked, my face is still swollen. Im due back at the dentist this afternoon to have root treatment but im not sure if they will be able to do it cause my mouth is swollen and very sore.
Since sunday ive had a really bad stomach, ive been sick and had diarrhoea, ive hardley eaten for 3 days, i cant keep anything in my stomach. Ive got really bad stomach ache and couldnt sleep last night because of it. Could this be because of the abcess ? I dont want to google it....
Thanks, Sarah x

sarah jayne
07-10-09, 12:30
Ive just been to the hospital as i couldnt get an appointment at my doctors and they think the abcess has spread and that is what is making me ill, ive got to go to the dentists this afternoon to have it drained and if it hasnt settled in a few days ive got to go back to hospital as an in patient...why does everything happen to me ?...:ohmy:

anx mum
07-10-09, 13:11
Hi hun tried 2 private message u said no room to post a message hows the head? Sorry 2 hear ur suffering with a tooth abcess do u think its linked 2 head?

joll
08-10-09, 03:18
try not 2 worry cos if i worry it upsets my tummy IBS has alot 2 do with stress and worry

pollyanna
08-10-09, 07:39
Antibiotics can upset the stomach, cause sickness etc.
I have an absess at the moment too, and antibiotics havent worked, luckly its not painful at the moment, just a swollen gum, but since antiobiotics havent worked, and already root treated, mine is going to have to come out. :weep: .
but i have had riproaring, very painful ones in the past, so know how you feel.

Hope all is well soon, once you have the treatment it should all settle down.
Take are

P x

sarah jayne
08-10-09, 12:31
Thanks everyone for replying. I had the abcess drained yesterday and also had root treatment at the same time, the swelling gone down but i feel like ive been punched in the face ! Im going to the doctors later because im still being sick and i was up all night again with tummy pains, its never ending at the moment...:ohmy: