PDA

View Full Version : leg infection

worrier1
07-10-09, 10:29
Last week I went to A&E with pain in my leg which turned out to be an infection from an insect bite. My leg was red painful and hot.My foot also was v tender and couldnt put any pressure on it. I was prescribed antibiotics. I am due to finish the course of drugs. The swelling and redness has gone in my leg/foot, but my foot feels a little tender around the heel and big toe. Could this be the result of hobbling around or may the bacteria have gone into my bones? Surely if it was in my bones it would progressively get worse?

countrygirl
07-10-09, 11:11
My son had blood poisoning and cellulitis from a puncture wound in his foot and he ended upwith a black foot and red leg and red lines in his leg veins. After a week of iv antibiotics in hospital thankfully the infection cleared and his leg and foot looked completely normal but he still found it painful to walk for a few weeks afterwards.
If you have no redness or swelling or heat then its probably like my son just a side effect of the infection. do keep an eye out for infection returning in next few weeks - my son ws told this but otherwise be very glad for antibiotics!

worrier1
07-10-09, 11:30
Thanks. The swelling, heat etc has totally gone apart from stight tenderness when I walk on the heel and toe. Its as if it feels a little briused. It has done for a few days now and if anything, it hasnt got any worse. Maybe put it down to the posture of my foot when it was infected?