PDA

View Full Version : side effects or depression

steve2009
07-10-09, 12:24
Hi everyone, :)
I'm new to this site but have read some threads and think I might get some help.
I have been in an acute phase of anxiety for some six weeks and I know how painful it can be.
Recently, I felt I had to see my GP who gave me Citalopram and propanolol which I have been taking for three days. Now have dry mouth, headache extreme tiredness ( my eyes just want to close ) Don't seem to be able to motivate at present. Sleep for weeks is bad but last night it seemed deeper but woke with a headache.
I don't know if I'm getting more depressed or is it the Cita or what?
Has anyone any advice.

gypsywomen
07-10-09, 12:40
when you first start on propanadol they do make you tierd,,it will get better dont worry:welcome:

Panic33
07-10-09, 17:30
I know I've been more tired and had headaches more since I start ADs

chickpea
07-10-09, 17:43
You sound like you're suffering from fairly typical Citalopram side effects.
I had a weird, muzzy head, horrible dry mouth, nausea, no appetite, slept really strangely and had bouts of increased anxiety.

The side effects lessened every day, and were pretty much gone after 2 weeks.

Hang in there - it's a bumpy ride at the start, but you WILL feel the benefit in a couple of weeks.

Panic33
07-10-09, 18:06
You sound like you're suffering from fairly typical Citalopram side effects.
I had a weird, muzzy head, horrible dry mouth, nausea, no appetite, slept really strangely and had bouts of increased anxiety.

The side effects lessened every day, and were pretty much gone after 2 weeks.

Hang in there - it's a bumpy ride at the start, but you WILL feel the benefit in a couple of weeks.

I still get the weird, muzzy head, horrible dry mouth, sleeping really strangely and bouts of increased anxiety 6weeks in :(

Budgie
14-10-09, 15:33
Hey there steve :hugs:

I am thinking perhaps these symptoms you are experiencing right now are, as other peosters have said, are side effects related. Its not pleasant, but I found some sort of comfort in thinking that as I was getting these kind of effects, it was getting into my system :) Its not much of a comfort when you are feeling so tired and uncomfortable, but its a good sign that its getting to work on you :hugs:

I still find myself having sleep problems, and getting a dry mouth, nearly 10 months after I started taking citalopram :unsure: I found a couple of products in my local Boots that might help -- they have a special mouthwash for people who get dry mouth, and they also do a spray you can pop in your pocket and just apray onto your tongue whenever you need to. They are a little bit expensive, but I found the spray in particular to be really useful in getting rid of that irritated, dry, sensation

Panic33
14-10-09, 16:23
Hi Budgie, you any more details of the products for dry mouth? I'm drinking ltrs through the day at the mo.