PDA

View Full Version : Trying to turn a negative into a positive

westofengland
07-10-09, 13:26
There's a very good saying I heard from acting - "use the difficulty." So if you are in a play, and a chair falls over, try to work it into the script or work around it, rather than freezing up and panicking. So can we use the 'difficulty' of HA? I have been thinking a lot about this, as I have it bad. For me, I am trying to turn a negative into a positive - I am worried about my health, and while I cannot control what happens to me, what CAN I do?

Eg
1) Alcohol and tobacco. Two big cancer causes. So I have now stopped drinking in the week and am considering stopping all together.
2) Diet. I'm making a real effort to eat better, and learn about the foods that can help my body fight cancer. There's a lot you can do - tomatoes and avocadoes help fight prostrate cancer for instance. Eating and sleeping well boosts your immune system.
3) Exercise - a real mood lifter, and good for your health
4) Friends and family. OK, we might get a disease next year and die. So might anyone else. So try to live like this is your last day, tell your kids how much you love them, make time for friends, etc.
5) Maybe by coming to terms with our fear of death and accepting it, we can appreciate life more

Nobody can guarantee you won't get ill. We can only control what we can control and 'use the difficulty' of HA....