PDA

View Full Version : Reaction to propanolol

greenday1997
07-10-09, 14:54
I was wondering if anyone has had the same reactions as me? Am sitting here worrying myself silly :weep:

Basically 2 days ago i started taking propanolol, while it calmed me down significantly, i also found as a side effect it was making my chest feel tight/heavy and harder to breathe! day one it didnt bother me i shrugged it off and enjoyed feeling calm :shrug:

day 2 same again, only this time slightly worse maybe because i was more active? but same again like i have a chest infection or something feels like theres crap on your lungs and is uncomfy breathing.

i read on the leaflet if this happens 2 contact your doc straight away :scared15: which i did, theyre ringing me back at half 5 when available. Is this dangerous should i be worried??? :shrug::weep:

greenday1997
08-10-09, 12:24
Thanks for the replies by the way!! :mad:

I got in touch with the doc and turns out i was having a bad reaction to the tablets and said to stop taking them straight away as it can be dangerous.

Just wanted to say, to anyone who isnt sure if theyre experiencing normal effects off their tabs get in touch with your doc or pharmacist and ask them.

before anyone starts going off worrying silly about propanolol or another tablet theyre taking wat i had only happens to a few people, they did also make me feel nice and calm and i kept taking until i spoke to the doc, so for some people they can be a lifeline! nearly everyone is going to have some sorta side effect off a tablet - use your common sense if its bothering you look into it.

The doc said to me i did totally the right thing by contacting them and if id've took more it could've made me quite ill leading to a severe asthma attack. If ya unsure check it out!

meg86
08-10-09, 15:14
Hello :)

when i was diagnosed with anxiety my doctor gave me propronolol and i suffered from terrible chest pains, my doctor said it was caused by anxiety and to keep taking the tablets, i had no idea that this could be a side effect of taking propronolol!

I was even rushed to hospital because they was that bad but they said my heart was fine.

I stopped taking these on my own as i didnt think they was working for me, i was suffering more with psycholgical symptoms than physical at the time (except the heart pains.)

I do know that chest pains are also a very common symptom of anxiety, i wonder how they distinguish whether its anxiety related or a reaction!:shrug: i havnt taken these for a long while and i havnt had bad chest pains for a long while! now thats got me thinking!

greenday1997
08-10-09, 15:40
hi there meg,

yeah there are a number of side effects you can experience, as with any tablet really! i think the key thing is i you're unsure check it out with the doc first. Sometimes just stopping a tablet without advice from the doc can lead to unpleasant side effects too!

it isinteresting with regards to your experience that the tablets may have disagreed with you too, i think everyones different and things will reactly differently with some people than others. I think just be specific to the doc about your symptoms and let the doc advise you, im going to see her tomorrow for an alternative!