PDA

View Full Version : Nausea & Lethargy

Muggles
07-10-09, 18:32
While I've always suffered anxiety attacks, I've noticed something different and alarming to me.

I have deveoped constant nausea, as well as a lethargy and disinterest about anything and everything. I find my mind wandering to real worries, have become forgetful, and, honestly, it frightens me.

My position is high pressure and I am a perfectionist. Now, it seems that I dread waking up and dealing with the most mundane activities of the day. In fact, I've found myself looking for excuses to lie down during the day, which I've never done in the past.

I have been taking something for the nausea, which really doesn't do anything and forcing myself to to things in which I no longer have any interest.

This concerns me to the point of obsession. Upon awakening, I'll check to see if these symptoms are present. Everything in life has become a huge chore, whereas, in the past, I've not had enough hours in the day to accomplish all I wish to do.

It's as if I've become an opposite of the person I am.

Can anyone enlighten me?

Thank you so much.

PanchoGoz
07-10-09, 19:06
I don't know if this sounds like how you feel, but in the summer holidays, I kind of broke down with anxiety after something made me anxious. After this, I got all nausious and ill-feeling and my anxiety was at an all time high. I got really lazy - not that I couldn't be bothered, but I couldn't face doing things. Yes, lethargy is how I described it. This often happens when I am at home on the weekends and I get bored and my routine ends. I think it is because of a change in routine and you stop exercising and you forget to live...? if that means anything to you...but it might not be anything like that for you. Could also be low iron because I had that, made me very depressed. I suggest eating well and getting some exercise and find something fun to do.
:doh: hope you feel better soon.

Maj
07-10-09, 21:00
You seem very tired, anxious and down - exhausted actually. Obsession is also fired by a tired anxious mind. Maybe your perfectionism and hard work have caught up with you - you're only human after all. Sounds like you need to take time out to think about yourself. I think sometimes we get so involved in our work and forget that we need to look after our own needs. Anxiety does wear you out eventually and I think you just need to give yourself some TLC. Try not to worry about it all too much. I think you sound as though you just need a rest. Why don't you speak to your doctor if it all seems too much. I hope you feel better soon.
Take care
Myra:hugs:

Muggles
10-10-09, 15:05
Thank you, Myra. My line of work involved working with prisoners on Death Row. Their needs are great and, thus far, I've been able to separarte my work from my everyday life. You're right. I'm completely and utterly exhausted.

Thank you so much, Myra.