PDA

View Full Version : newbie

Shippette
01-11-05, 10:11
Hi
I am new here. Im julie and i am 29
I just joined this group in the hope of meeting people who are in similar situation to myself.
I have been ill for about 2 months now and its got to the point where my whole life is affected my my irrational behaviour.
Im hoping to make some new friends as i dont have a lot and my partner thinks i am a psycopath and a nutter (nice eh?)

Im pretty new to these kind of message boards so i would be grateful for any tips and advice from anyone

Take care
Julie

trac67
01-11-05, 10:26
Hi Julie,
Welcome to the forum, you will get a lot of good advice and make some new friends here.
Just post away with any questions that you may have, or if you need advice on your anxieties amd you will get a lot of response.

Take care
Trac xx

'Live your life with arms wide open, today is where your book begins, the rest is still unwitten'

Sweep1
01-11-05, 11:14
Hi Julie

A big welcome to you. You'll make some good friends here and the advice and reassurance you'll get will certainly help. The best advice I can give is to never be afraid to ask questions or post to forums, no question is ever daft :D There are lots of people in the same boat so everyone is very understanding.

I've not been a member long but everyone has been so kind and reassuring, its made a real difference to my levels of anxiety.

Take care

Sweep1

pinkscrumpy
01-11-05, 11:14
Hi Julie

A big warm welcome to you.

:D[^]

MANDIE XX

Will I ever escape this?
Will I ever be free?
Wake me up from this nightmare.
Please just give me the key!

jill
01-11-05, 12:47
Hi Julie

WELCOME TO THE SITE :D

There are lots of nice people here who will
help and support you.

TAKE CARE

LOVE JILLXXX

When you fear something,
learn as much about it as you can.
Knowledge conquers fear.

Peru83
01-11-05, 12:55
welcome

Hi Julie,

Just wanted to say hi and 'snap',lol. My man also calls me a nutter and when I'm having a bad day says 'go take a chill pill!' thinking he's being funny or something. Wouldn't worry it's just men for you, they are all the same immature way!

Take Carexx

Claire

"Of all the things I've lost I miss my mind the most!"

3faces
01-11-05, 14:05
Hi there Julie:D

Welcome!! You can talk about your worries and anxieties here and no-one will think you're a nutter OK:D
Feel free to PM people if you want to talk more one to one about something....Other times its nice to get lots of different opinions about things as well. I havn't been brave enough to go in the chat room yet (well actually I poked my head in and ran back out again!!!Big baby:()

Feel free to PM me anytime. Take care

Jem xxx

Karen
01-11-05, 14:07
Hi Julie

Welcome to the forum.

Karen

It is not easy to find happiness in ourselves, and it is not possible to find it elsewhere.

dream
01-11-05, 17:36
hi julie
welcme to this site
denisexx

denise

Sue K with 5
01-11-05, 17:50
Hi Julie

Welcome to NMP! I hope you find this site helpful to you, I have been on NMP for nearly 6 months now and the people on here are fantastic

Take care for now hope to speak to you in chat some time

Sue with 5

scknight

Incii
01-11-05, 18:14
Hi Julie
a warm welcome to the site :o)
hope we can all be of some help to you, your not alone anymore and i'm sure you will make loads of new friends here, everyones lovely

take care
Sharon xxxxx

nomorepanic
01-11-05, 19:06
Hi Julie

A warm welcome aboard the forum.

We don't think you are mad atall and we will help you to understand what is going on at the moment.

What sort of issues do you have may I ask?

Nicola

Meg
01-11-05, 19:30
http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/symptoms.htm
http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/healthanxiety.htm

First Steps to overcoming Panic and Anxiety (http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/showthread.php?t=942)
Lets try to keep our thoughts in perspective (http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/showthread.php?t=283)

Welcome - hope you find others similar here and realize that you are not alone

Meg
www.anxietymanagementltd.com

Your anxiety is the human representation of the pictures that you paint using your many vivid colours of revolving and reoccurring thoughts.
How big is your gallery ?

sal
02-11-05, 00:55
Hi Julie

Firstly welcome to the site where you will get loads of support and see that you are not alone.

And there are loads of us who partners have thought we are nutters etc but it is due to them never being where we are and we wouldnt wish that on anyone but until you have suffered we had no idea how it felt.

You will come through this and we will help you all we can.

Love Sal xx

Dont mess up the best things in your life, just because at present you are unsure who you are.

"Life is a distance and to travel that distance you were given the strength and guidance to do so".

Shippette
02-11-05, 15:16
Hi and thanks to everyone who welcomed me.
A little bit more about me - I am engaged to Tony, weve been together for 4 years. We have a 2 1/2 year old daughter Jessica.
I went through a period of depression from when Jess was 6 months until she was about 1 and a half and have been off my medication for about a year now and up until recently i have been ok.
Then things between me and tony have become strained and he is always miserable and moody and says he is stressed.
And then in September i found he had paid the subscription charge to friends reunited to get an old ex's email address. i have found emails from her and his replies and when i was away for a week near the end of september he installed aol messenger and chatted to her when i was away and then deleted it before i came back. its all a bit suss to me as its gone on behind my back and i caught him out lying about it all.
I got all panicky about it and then yesterday i just blew up and yelled and screamed and told him it was over as i couldnt cope.
Things are a little better today after we had a chat last night but i have been shaking and not eating and not wanting to go out of the house. i even rang in sick yesterday to work.
I cant help feeling bad and scared.

im sorry that was a bit long but once i started i couldnt stop!

so thats my issues at the minute

chucklehound
02-11-05, 16:48
Hi Julie and welcome to NMP where you will get lots of support and

make some great friends too!!:D[^]:D

Take Care

Chucklehound

xxxx

Peru83
02-11-05, 17:03
Aw hun all I can say is 'snap', 'snap' and 'snap'! I have soo been where you are. My only peice of advice is to hold your head high and remember that your worth more and stronger than you give yourself credit for! Also don't check up on your man to see if he is up to anything, the more you check the sneakier he gets! Trust me I know! If he is going to do it he will I'm afraid. If it happens deal with it then, dont sit there and worry about the might be's and what if's, you'll drive yourself demented! Right now just concentrate on you and your daughter! Not that I'm saying to neglect your man,lol, just don't make him priority if you get what I mean.

I do hope things get better for you soon:)

Take Carexx

Claire

"Of all the things I've lost I miss my mind the most!"