PDA

View Full Version : Failed my driving test..again

Deepest Blue
08-10-09, 12:44
Hi all,

I hope I am finding you well.

Today I'm really heartbroken because I have failed yet another driving test and it's purely to do with my anxiety, nothing else. My instructor actually sat in with me this time because she can't believe why I keep failing as I normally drive perfectly well but it just does seem that under a test environment I fall to pieces and just can't keep my nerves at bay, so much that I become so tense and everything becomes rushed and not smooth.

I know that there's things I can take to help me but I don't think that's going to work I don't want a quick fix I want to find a way to help my anxiety not just with driving but also help me in ANY testing situation, even at work when I am faced with problems I start to feel anxious. I really need help now because it's starting to stop me from being happy or living a normal life. At the moment I just can't believe I can pass the test and probably will give up. It's a shame because not only have I spent a lot of money but also invested a lot of time/effort/energy in this.

Thanks for listening,
Danny.

greenday1997
08-10-09, 12:56
hiya mate,
First of all it sounds to me like you've got yourself into a bit of a mess with the worrying. Worrying too much about the test, when you knowyou can do it otherwise they wouldnt put you for your test!! and secondly because of the anxiety you have making you fail thats also you putting pressure on yourself more and more til your getting more anxious andhaving probably less chance of passing each time because of it.

You need to relax. you need to tell yourself you CAN do it because they put you up for your test so they think you can too. Try to imagine when your taking your test that you're simply just in a lesson and no more, no pressure, and that your going to make mistakes, everyone does!!

Failing this go seeyour doc and see about going onto some mild anxiety tablets and or getting some sort of cbt with tests.

Hope this helps

munkeyinblack
08-10-09, 20:40
Hi Danny, i know how you feel as i have exactly the same problem! it feels terrible and always sets back my recovery,i know its pointless to say it but really do try not to worry you can and will do it and then you can come on here and celebrate! keep us updated on your progress and keep trying. it only wins if you let it hun x