PDA

View Full Version : slightly worried about potential side effects

hkc
08-10-09, 12:51
Hi,
Apologies if I'm doing this wrong but I've never used forums before so I have no idea if there's some sort of etiquette that I don't know about.
I've been on 20mg/day prozac for three days now, and today and yesterday I've been experiencing increasingly bad muscular and joint pain. I've looked this up and it is apparently a side effect, but I don't see how I can be experiencing side effects when the actual effects of the drug won't even kick in for another few weeks. Having said that, I know nothing about medicine. Is it likely that this is what's happening?
Sorry if the question is an obvious one but I'd feel reassured by advice if anyone has any to offer.
Cheers,
Henry

greenday1997
08-10-09, 13:29
hi there matey,

to be honest i dont know much about prozac. Just recently (past couple days) i had a reaction to a tablet i was taking. i looked it up and it said i you experience these to contact your gp, which i did, and she told me to stop taking them asap, which i did.

If its a common side effect you should be fine every tablet as far as i know has side effects! Having said that i'm no gp and if somethings bothering you or you're concerned about it, either speak to your gp on your next visit or contact them by telephone, or even speak to a pharamacist but its always best to check it out if you're concerned, even if its to put your mind at ease.

hope this helps

Mudskipper
09-10-09, 10:46
As Greenday says, if you're really worried, a quick call to your doctors should reassure you, but if it's one of the listed side-effects then I doubt it's anything to worry about. I've used prozac myself and the side-effects certainly come on before you feel the benefit, unfortunately it's just a case of working through it.

Take care:flowers:

Anxious_gal
09-10-09, 12:34
Well I was antibiotics once and it gave me bad muscle cramps, I had to stay home for a week.
go to your doctor he'll probably tell you that it should go away as your body adjusts to the meds, if not then he may change the meds.