PDA

View Full Version : Anxiety

HB09
08-10-09, 12:56
Hi, I am new on here and I have found the forum really useful and has helped me come to terms with how I am feeling. I have felt anxious for a few months now but the main symptons were crying alot and worrying. However, over the last week my physical symptoms have become worse. The most worrying one is a tight chest right down the middle towards my clevage which feels like I need to take an extra breath to catch up. I have been to the doctors and he said its nothing to worry about, its Anxiety disorder. I just wish the feeling would go away as its making me more anxious - has anybody felt something similar?

Mudskipper
08-10-09, 13:23
Being male, I haven't got a cleavage, well not worth talking about:shades:, but I have felt a similar feeling myself, particularly when seriously stressed but still trying to do something. I have to take that same deep breath you talk about and usually pant a bit to regulate my breathing again. I guess it's tied in with the palpitations that I also get, as do many on here, but the doctor says it's anxiety related and nothing to worry about. It's been happening to me for years, so I guess he's right...:huh:

HB09
08-10-09, 16:16
Thanks, its good to know I'm not imagining it!! It comes and goes throughout the day and hopefully it will right itself. It's strange because I don't feel stressed in my everyday life but tend to find I worry more about things that I never used to... maybe that's due to getting old (30)!!

ginny
08-10-09, 16:54
No, you're not imagining it, it's real but there is hope and light at the end of the seemingly never ending dark tunnel. I wanted to let you know about a great product that I’ve taken called Filisa. Having suffered from depression and anxiety (including the occasional panic attack) since my dad died 13 years ago, I was thinking that this would be my life now and it wasn’t pleasant. A lot of the time I felt so choked with panic, I couldn't breathe and it was almost as if someone was sitting on my chest. Filisa was actually written about in the Sunday Times, for grief and depression, and my pal cut it out for me. I started taking it and, within a couple of months felt fantastic. I lowered my dose of citalopram to 5mg and eventually came off it altogether after 3 months taking Filisa. This has quite literally given me my life back and I recommend it whenever I can. If it helps one person who looks at this web site, it will be marvellous because I can’t even begin to tell you how good it’s made me feel. I know how totally crippling anxiety and panic attacks can be. I’ve come out of the big black hole and am in a really good place now.If I can feel this good in the build up to winter, roll on the summer !! xxxx