PDA

View Full Version : hello from oz

athenais
01-11-05, 10:58
Hello
My name is Heidi. I have suffered from different forms of anxiety for years. Everytime I think that I have beaten it that churning stomach comes back and I start to worry. A few years ago I ended up seeing a top cardiologist because I was convinced I was suffering from terrible heart disease. With will power, support and lots of massage etc. I got through it.
I feel very frustated at myself at the moment as I feel that I should no better but these aching arms, headaches, twitches etc can only be dire disease. I have half talked myself out of this but that doubt is always sitting there just waiting to grab.
I don't understand I am happily married with three great children and my life seems to be going in the direction that I want it! So why I not like so many others that I know and just enjoy it instead of worrying about what ifs that might never eventuate!!!!!!!!!!! I sometimes think that it is when my life is looking up that I cannot handle it and somehow my subconscious wants to wreck it.
sorry to have this ramble but it is so wonderful to find somewhere people understand. My husband and family all think that I am crazy.
take care Heidi

pinkscrumpy
01-11-05, 11:13
Hiya Heidi

A big warm welcome to you.

I am sure you will find all the help and support you need.

:D:D

MANDIE XX

Will I ever escape this?
Will I ever be free?
Wake me up from this nightmare.
Please just give me the key!

tracyp584
01-11-05, 11:19
Hey Heidi,

Welcome to the site!!

Take care,

tracy x x

Every time you avoid your fears they become stronger,every time you face your fears they become weaker.

mum2four
01-11-05, 11:35
Hello I just thought i say hi to another aussie.

I hope you find what yon need to help you get threw this.

jill
01-11-05, 12:49
Hi Heidi

WELCOME TO THE SITE :D

TAKE CARE

LOVE JILLXX

When you fear something,
learn as much about it as you can.
Knowledge conquers fear.

Peru83
01-11-05, 12:53
welcome

hello heidi,

sorry to hear what you are going though, can totally sympathise. You have totally come to the right place for support.

Take Carexx

Claire

"Of all the things I've lost I miss my mind the most!"

Karen
01-11-05, 14:08
Hi Heidi

Welcome to the forum.

Karen

It is not easy to find happiness in ourselves, and it is not possible to find it elsewhere.

nomorepanic
01-11-05, 19:19
Hi Heidi

A warm welcome aboard.

Have you read the Health Anxiety page on the website - www.nomorepanic.co.uk/healthanxiety

Hope we can be of some help to you.

Nicola

Meg
01-11-05, 19:27
Hi Heidi

Hope you find comfort and help here

Meg
www.anxietymanagementltd.com

Your anxiety is the human representation of the pictures that you paint using your many vivid colours of revolving and reoccurring thoughts.
How big is your gallery ?

3faces
01-11-05, 22:20
Hi there Heidi:D

You're definitely not crazy or alone.....you'll get lots of support here and talk to some really nice people:)

Jem xxx

sal
02-11-05, 00:52
Hi Heidi

Welcome to the site and i know how it feels that family this you are crazy but until people have suffered how we have i guess we cant expect them to understand. I always wonder if it wasnt me would i understand how people are feeling and i know that i wouldnt.

Hope you get lets of support and you start to feel a lot better soon.

Love Sal xx

Dont mess up the best things in your life, just because at present you are unsure who you are.

"Life is a distance and to travel that distance you were given the strength and guidance to do so".

athenais
02-11-05, 09:07
Hello thank you all for the wonderful welcome it helps just to know that other people have felt the same way.
Heidi

mazz
02-11-05, 09:13
welcome heidi x

dream
02-11-05, 09:41
HI HEIDI
WELCOME TO THIS SITE
I HOPE IT HELPS
DENISEXX

denise

lainey
02-11-05, 11:05
Hi Heidi

Welcome to the forum , you'll get loads of help and support here from like minded people.

Take care

Elaine x

clickaway
02-11-05, 13:04
Welcome aboard, Heidi

Sometimes people are enjoying life and this hits them for no apparent reason.

Maybe you had worries and issues from way back which you may have surpressed and now they have decided to come out. Just a thought.

Hope you'll find comfort here - I think you will,

Take Care

Ray

And when you get the choice to sit it out or dance, I hope you dance.
~Mark Sanders and Tia Sillers

chucklehound
02-11-05, 17:00
Hi Heidi and welcome to NMP where you will get lots of support and

make some new friends too! :D[^]

Take Care

Chucklehound

xxxx

sueiamnew
02-11-05, 18:49
Welcome to the site Heidi.