PDA

View Full Version : ahhh i hate surprises.Do you?

nervousnikki
08-10-09, 14:05
Oh poo! Its coming up to that time of year again, my birthday, and i know something is planned for today. what i dont know. Its stressing me out i really do hate surprises, i tell my family but they dont take it seriously.

My anx is getting worse as the day goes on, am i a control freak?:shrug:

suzy-sue
08-10-09, 14:53
Im the same .I dont like anything thrown on me out of the blue .I wouldnt say it was being a control freak tho .Its more to do with .I like to prepare for things ,otherwise I get stressed and get panicky.But another way to look at it is ,you dont get chance to start getting anxious when you find out what it is ,you just have to enjoy it .Surprises are given to please people ,its there way of them trying to please you and make you happy .If they have never experienced anxiety they wouldnt understand why you dont like being surprised .The thought of an event is always worse than the event itself .Its just the fear of the unknown ..Whats the worst thing they could arrange ? Im sure you will have a lovely time when it finally comes round .I have always had the best times when I havnt planned them before hand ,ive been quite spontaneous lately :ohmy::....even surprised myself with that lol .Have a great birthday ,try to think about the good times youve had on previous Birthdays and dont give in to the anxiety ..Love and Hugs Sue :hugs: