PDA

View Full Version : prayer

rois
01-11-05, 12:18
My mum bought me this prayer a few weeks ago when I was going through a rough time with panic attacks, I know not everyone is religious but just thought I'd share it with you.

PRAYER TO ST. DYMPHNA
O merciful God,
You have willed that St. Dymphna should be invoked as the patroness of nervous and mental disease.
Grant that, through prayer of this youthful martyr of purity, those who suffer from nervous and mental illness may be helped and consoled. I reccomend to You in particular (here mention those you wish to pray for) THrough Christ our Lord. Amen

"Ther goes the fear, let it go. You turn around and life's passed you by, you look to those you love to justify...there goes the fear."

jill
01-11-05, 14:46
Hi Rois

That is a lovely prayer

Thank you sooo much for sharing.

TAKE CARE

LOVE JILLXX

Dusty
01-11-05, 22:06
Hi Rois

Love the prayer. I always like to ask someone else who has suffered like I have to pray for me - if it's a saint so much the better!

My favourite prayer is the Serenity Prayer:

God grant me the serenity
to accept the things I cannot change;
courage to change the things I can;
and wisdom to know the difference.

I can't change my insomnia so accept it.
I can change my worrying about it!!

Love Dusty

rois
04-11-05, 16:21
i've always liked the serenity one as well, glad you's liked the other one.

"Ther goes the fear, let it go. You turn around and life's passed you by, you look to those you love to justify...there goes the fear."

looby
04-11-05, 16:26
Thank you for sharing those prayers.
They only saint I prayed to is St Jude, (patron saint of hopeless causes), but i think it must get a bit too much for her with me praying to her all the time!
I will try it out on St Dymphna!

Thanks again,
Love & prayers,
Looby
xxx

seh1980
04-11-05, 16:32
Thanks for sharing Rois - it's lovely :D

"If life were simple, word would have got around"