PDA

View Full Version : Hi ppl new here just sayin hey :)

daverc82
08-10-09, 19:37
Hi people hope your all doing ok, im dave im 27 an from a seaside town called burnham on sea!..not many people heard of it lol its quite a small place..

Ive been suffering with agoraphobia since i was about 16.I didnt do year 10 at school because it was alot worse back then, i couldnt face going into school so i left a year early..so missed my exams which wasnt good!, but spose i can always do them again if i feel like i need them :). I still find it hard now going into town on my own, big supermarkets ect an shopping malls are the hardest but i hear its best to start off small at first..walk a short while to a shop then go back an build ur way up, its still hard tho i really have to pych myself up to do it!. Im about to start a newdeal workplacement on monday in a small library so its not so bad but im still hella nervous about it!..but sure il be fine, il let u all know how i get on :).
Its nice to be able to talk to people with the same thing, an that were not atall alone with it! hope to talk to lots of you soon, an we can help eachother out with beating this anxiety we have!. Speak to ya soon

regards

dave

nomorepanic
08-10-09, 19:38
Hi daverc82

We just wanted to welcome you aboard to NMP. We hope you enjoy your stay here and get all the support and advice you need.

Please take some time to read the website articles on the left as well for loads of advice and tips.

daverc82
08-10-09, 19:47
Hi nicola, thanks i shell take a look it looks like theres some helpfull advice an tips there

dave

Veronica H
08-10-09, 19:48
:welcome:Dave. You will find comfort and support here. Glad that you have found us.

Veronica

Panic33
08-10-09, 19:49
welcome dave - glad to have onsite :)

daverc82
08-10-09, 19:51
Hi veronica :) thankss im glad ive found you lot too, im sure il find confort an support here itl be good to support eachother with this

dave x

daverc82
09-10-09, 08:13
Thanks panic33, its good to be here :)

dave

gary_2.0
29-10-09, 19:16
Welcome to the forum Dave. NMP is a great community of really supportive genuine people. It has helped me enourmously and I'm sure you'll benefit too.

My own tale of anxiety extends back into my childhood and also, like yourself, had a very disruptive effect on my schooling, complicated by never having been diagnosed at the time.

Might see you at Kazzie's do (http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/showthread.php?t=59390&page=7), if I manage to make it.