PDA

View Full Version : Anxiety & Chest pains

Ellie7
08-10-09, 23:17
Hi

When my anxiety flares up I get chest tension and pain that moves around, I have had ecgs in the past and nothing found.

Problem is I then think all sorts of bad things about my health - does anyone have any tips on dealing with this?

Thank you

Ellie

nomorepanic
08-10-09, 23:21
You need to do some stretches with your arms behind your back to stretch the muscles out.

That will help.

Maj
08-10-09, 23:22
Hi,

Just accept that the tests are normal, you have anxiety, and this is your body's way of dealing with it. We all get different symptoms. They will pass. My son gets chest pains when anxious, then they disappear for months at a time. They won't harm you.
Take care
Myra:)

Ellie7
09-10-09, 00:22
Thank you both, will try the stretches.

Mudskipper
09-10-09, 10:36
I find that I get muscular pains all over when my anxiety is high. As others have said, stretches are good, particularly for back and shoulder pain, but the other thign I find is that I tend to tense up without realising it. Often I find that I've slowly curled up into a little tense ball, crouching over my desk, and haven't even noticed it. Being under constant tension isn't good for your muscles, so I make a habit of checking myself regularly, just by setting the alarm on my watch. If I'm tense, I just flop back in my chair, completely relaxed for a while. Hopefully it might become automatic after a while.
Just a thought.:flowers:

Caurus
09-10-09, 19:02
The stretches do help :)

mumof4
10-10-09, 11:43
i sufffer badly with chest pains been checked out doc said it was anxiety doesnt stop me worrying thinking im having a heart attack which im not.

stupid anxiety works in funny ways does things to test us out.

Bunnah
10-10-09, 15:28
I take a beta blocker called propranolol, it stops the physical symptoms and allows me to function. I stopped having chest pains, and the sort of shooting anxiety that I had before. Go see your doctor.. its worth a try.

:)

GingGangGoolie
10-10-09, 21:53
I often get pain in my chest and my left hand side, and although I know it's anxiety, I still worry that maybe this time it isn't. Just keep telling yourself over and over that it's an anxiety symptom, it won't hurt you and it will go.

sarah jayne
14-10-09, 18:08
Having chest pain always makes me more anxious. My chest has been sore on and off for the past 2 years. It started again last night and ive been worried about it all day. Its hard excepting its due to anxiety when the pain is so real but im trying my best to belive it. Your not on your own :hugs:

anxious1
15-10-09, 16:20
i too have chest pains have had anxiety for a long time. there is a history of heart trouble in my family so i worry more. they are of the stabbing variety and my chest aches when i wake up my wife tries to convince me its anxiety but i do worry its more