PDA

View Full Version : Could It Be The Meds OR Anxiety ? Help Really Worried?

looking4answers
09-10-09, 07:05
Went to the Dr. about a month and one half ago. I had been taking ziac 2.5 for years. They had checked my blood pressure several times and thought it might be a little high . Im thinking it was just high when having anxiety attacks going to the doctor.

For the last month I have been tired , it seems I get out of breath more.. not too bad but I notice it. I also have been depressed a lot and feeling like I wanted to do something but didn't feel like it.

I have really vivid dreams and sometimes don't sleep well. My stomach gets upset quite a bit and my mind just doesn't seem clear sometimes. There has been a cluster of this symptom and that one.. They raised my ziac to 10 mg's
I didn't think much about it when I started feeling the way I do because I thought it might be associated with anxiety but now im not really feeling anxiety im too tired too.

Im worried the meds might be affecting me. I got online and looked up the side effects and I found that I have many of them. Now I don't know what to do , I don't want to go back to the doctor but im scared to keep taking the higher dose of meds.

Could it just be depression being the winter is coming on and im just tired from the constant weather changes or depressed from something else or could it be the meds? Im also losing interest in sex and don't even get aroused anymore and for me that is not the norm.

I just don't know what to think.They say not to just quit your meds but according to the drug manufacture this medicine can really have some horrible effects.. Funny thing is when I used to take a lower dosage I didn't feel this bad, but they think I had high blood pressure.

Im just stuck and don't know how to feel anymore.. Can anyone advise?

suzy-sue
09-10-09, 13:25
Sorry you ar feeling so low.The side effects of these drugs seem to be the cause of your probs .The low libido is definately one of them and the tiredness .I cant tell you what to do about your meds ,but I would definately go to your Dr and tell him how they are making you feel .There are many other drugs in this category ,he could perscibe something else ..Lowering your blood pressure through lowering your salt intake may help..There are also deep breathing excersises you can do ,each day that will also help lower it .Feeling bad on medication will also add to your low mood ,the time of year for a lot of people also is a contributing factor .Get plenty of fresh air and excercise ,it really helps even to go for a walk regularly to boost your feel good hormones ,It will also give you more energy in the long term .The sunlight even in the winter months is important for vitamin D production .Please speak to your Dr and im sure you will feel better soon .Take care Luv Sue :hugs:

xxpearlxx
09-10-09, 13:57
sorry to hear this em i really hope your feeling better ok, talk to your doctor or family about medication if youre that worried, because i dont know much about medication sorry i couldnt help.