PDA

View Full Version : Having Attack NOW Need Help

Chardless
09-10-09, 12:44
Hi im currently having an attack had 2 in 2 days now !!! Have pain in heart area, like a sharp pain. On my own so im struggling

PanicOver!!
09-10-09, 12:55
Hi ya

My best advice is to just go with it
the more you fight it the worst it will get
i used to have 4 / 5 a day and they did go

keleb0709
09-10-09, 13:29
Hi.
Just observe the feelings you have and give them a label without a reaction. It is only a panic attack and it wont hurt you so tell yourself that. I find it helps to say"oh here we go, lovely for you to visit me again. If you want to harm me then go ahead, i'm really busy right now so i'll give you 20 seconds to do your best and if i'm still standing then i'm going about my time and you might as well disappear!" You will feel shakey for some hours which is normal. It is helpful to burn all that energy with movement, so jog around the house or have a dance and shake it off for a while.
You are never alone, just keep this site open when you feel vunerable :)

Chardless
09-10-09, 13:41
Thank you both for your comments, it passed but just had another one, i have never had two in such a short space. I have just increased my citrolopram for 10mg to 20mg could this be why ?

keleb0709
09-10-09, 13:53
It's normal to have multiple attacks, so relax. I would say for sure it's the meds though. I can't use them anymore for that reason, my attacks began on Zoloft which i never had in the past when i used AD's! The attacks were that bad i had a bad taste in my mouth and my body was totally out of control! Perhaps the 10 is enough for you? Just let the doc know. U'll be ok though, go make a cuppa and have a hot bath

PanicOver!!
09-10-09, 14:31
Hi I i agree about the meds i had to come off citrolopram because of it and go on to Fluoxatine

Ahmed
09-10-09, 15:39
Hello. i will give u one solution i always do when i have the panic cause i hate medications to be honest. Whenever panic accurs to me i start shouting as if im fighting someone...it goes worse at first but trust me it will go away whenever it knows you are getting stronger:)

anx mum
09-10-09, 15:41
Ah hun know its hard but try and stay calm it will pass in time ive suffered with panic attacks since 17 im now 30 so understand how scared and alone u feel

munkeyinblack
09-10-09, 16:25
hope your feeling better, try focusing on your breathing - somtimes helps me, big hug xxx

JohnBliss
09-10-09, 17:43
Hi
I've suffered panic attacks for the last twenty five years and my best advice is just to let them pass. They are uncomfortable but harmless and they soon pass and how relaxed do you feel when that adrenalin has gone
Regards
John

xxpearlxx
09-10-09, 18:32
breath slowly try to stay calm .

Desprate Dan
09-10-09, 18:37
Thank you both for your comments, it passed but just had another one, i have never had two in such a short space. I have just increased my citrolopram for 10mg to 20mg could this be why ?

Hi the increase in your citalopram is probably causing the increase in Anxiety there for the panic attacks, it does this until your body gets the right balance, try not to panic just say its only my medication, in the long term i am sure the citalopram will help.. But i noticed a big increase in my anxiety when upping my Citro's..

Dan

Danath
09-10-09, 18:41
Dan is right increasing citalopram could cause increased anxiety to begin with, though that should get better with time