PDA

View Full Version : propanolol side effects

elliejane
09-10-09, 13:05
I have just started taking this medication for anxiety three days ago - I have to take 80mg once a day. Since I have taken them, I have noticed that I have been feeling very sick. Does anyone know if this will disappear when I have got used to taking them? And how long does it take for them to reduce anxiety? I have not really noticed this yet.

Thank you!

Veronica H
14-10-09, 08:36
I found that the Propranalol took the fight or flight element out of my panic attack and calmed me down, so that I was just left with the anxiety. They can make you feel queesy and you may find that your hands and feet feel cold at first.

Veronica

mandyclare
14-10-09, 12:25
Hi... I took Propranalol about 6 years ago for anxiety and I had a few strange side effects for the first week and then they disappeared. I was on propranalol for about a year but by the end of it my anxiety completely disappeared (i think it was about 2 months into taking it i really noticed it's benefit)... I found that once I started to improve and I realised that YES it was anxiety that had caused all these annoying and upsetting symtoms my logic took over and cured myself and I was able to get off the medication. Just recently i've been having some new symptoms but I will not hesitate to use propranalol again if they get unmanageable. Good luck.. hope it works well for you.

mand

budancer
16-10-09, 20:33
i am also taking Propranalol but find they may me feel spacey and i need to lie down.Dont like the weird feelings this puts me off taking them asked doc for a aleternative but she says thease are the best .

elliejane
21-10-09, 18:06
Thank you! Been taking them for nearly two weeks, side effects seem to have got better, and the anxiety seems to be disappearing too! :D