PDA

View Full Version : Strange symptom

rhowes2000
01-11-05, 13:25
Sorry if u think i'm being a pain. tjis one isnt worrying me i'm just curios really. Does anyone else get a kind of twitching/bubbling under their skin (sorry its hard to describe!) I have been getting it for a couple of days on my right hand side towards by back roughly the bottom of my rib cage. I have pulses in other parts of my body which i know are nothing to worry about but this is different. Just wondering if it's anything to do with anxiety?

jill
01-11-05, 13:41
Hi Richard

You are NOT a pain, don't say things like that. You are just trying to understand all the symptoms.

I have had alot of symptoms and things under the skin was one of them.
I know what you mean when you say its hard to describe. I would descrbe some of my skin problems as, spiders crawling over me, sometimes the feeling is like a bubbling kettle, sometimes it feels like someome is sticking little pins in me.
In the past these symptoms never botherd me. I always put them down to anxiety.

Hope this helps.

TAKE CARE

LOVE JILLXX

rhowes2000
01-11-05, 13:47
Hi Jill, firstly thanks for saying i'm not a pain!! Your's sound exactly the same as mine, thanks for your reply. It was one of those things that isn't worrying me at the moment but if I didnt look into it I would end up getting very worried about it!

Thanks again

Richard.

vernon
01-11-05, 16:33
hi Rhowes. as jill said none is a pain here we are all after the same thing, Reacurance and help and thats what this site is for, It works both ways. Anmyway I have had same thing yor are talking about and in all different parts. I think the list of anxiety symtoms is realy unbeilevable and some you just cant make yourself beleive its anxiety. TC Vernon

rhowes2000
01-11-05, 16:35
Cheers Vernon, it is amazing isnt it the symptoms you have. I still cant believe how powerful the mind really is! Thank you for the reassurance, it has certainly stopped me developing into yet another state of panic.

mum2four
01-11-05, 18:28
Hello calling you self a pain is never good for anxiety suffer's but I do it as well when it think my symptom is odd or I've made to many posts or asked to many question.

I get funny sensation on my skin and before going a med called luvox(flavoxamine meteate) I thought it was my skin allergys playing up and I was using something or somthing to make it happen. My problem was a bit extream but I thought I tell you about to let you know that if it gets worse or to a point that you cant handle it any more i just want to let you know there is a med that might help if you ever got close to what happen to me. I have alway been a scratcher always had skin problems but over 6 years ago when I got pregnant with now 6 year old daughter I thought my allergy were playing up and I also thought it was the pregnancy scrarching that I always did I would have so many scabs on my belly because I was scratching to so much. Then sensation kept coming the scratching got worse and the last 6 years I have been scratching to point of hurting my self and couldn't stop it with will power I would have to get my partner to hold my hands while I counted and breathed slowly on tryed to clear my head and ignore this incredable feeling of needing to scratch my skin. My tummy was the main place I scratched but If I was tryong not scratch i would catchs my self scratching some where els or even my partner or somthing next to me. I would wake up a realise I'd beed scratching in my sleep. I thought I must be insane there is no way this could have control over me I'm just scratching why cant I stop. I finaly went to the dr about the scratching and the other ergs I have alway go. I told his I have always had anxiety issues and that thought both my depression were caused by it and I realiesd i haf been avoiding thing to cope ra ra ra ra ect ect I finaly told the dr that I have issues yayyyyy. I thought if I could get the anxiety under control the maybe I'd have the strenght to stop scratching but to my surprise after one dose I was sitting there about 3 hours after taking it and i realised I had not scratched yet and that was amazing for night time. My scratching was always worse at night and even worse when I got in to bed. I wrote about here wondering if any els had any thing simular I didn't get many responce as far as simular experiance go. I got into bed that night and I was laying there with the hugest smile on my face and I just took a deep breath and thought I feel so wonderfull I thought maybe is a was phycosematic reaction to the med's the dr gave. The second dose seem to stop the sensation that made me want to started scratching. After the third dose I could touch my skin with out sparking a need to scratch it. It fekt it good it's been about a month now and i have only 3 nite's of very mild scratching urge's and one frustrating morning of the urge to scratch but that's it I was able to stop my hand's my self by keeping them busy.

I hope you feel better soon.

Meg
01-11-05, 20:00
Under skin surges?? anyone? (http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/showthread.php?t=3532)

Meg
www.anxietymanagementltd.com

Your anxiety is the human representation of the pictures that you paint using your many vivid colours of revolving and reoccurring thoughts.
How big is your gallery ?