PDA

View Full Version : Citalopram

AnxiousNatalie
09-10-09, 16:45
I have been taking Citalopram for nearly a week now and it is making me very tired and to the point where i have to have an afternoon sleep because i am juat so tired all the time, i am at a training centre and i try so hard to keep busy but when i do get a chance to sit and (well try) to relax i start to fall asleep. also of a morning about half an hour after i take the tablet i start to feel sick and when im in public i dont want to be throwing up in the street if you know what i mean. that would be so embarassing and make my social phobia even worse.

Does anyone have any advice for me as im new on the medication. i want to know if its going to get any better or am i going to get worse and feel worse. i know that the doctor said that it will take a few weeks to properly start working but i feel that it wont work and im going to feel the same for the rest of my life!

diane07
09-10-09, 16:47
Hi AnxiousNatalie

A huge warm welcome to nmp.

You'll get loads of advice and support here and make some lovely friends along the way.

Best wishes

nomorepanic
09-10-09, 17:06
Hi Natalie

Have a look at the posts in the sub-forum dedicated to Citalopram

Cathy M
10-10-09, 09:22
Hi Natalie, I have just re-joined NMP and am taking Citalopram. Yes it makes you v sleepy! Luckily I work from home!?
However, you can take it in the evening, so you go to bed soon after - that helps?

Also, I found if you take the tablet in the morning, and don't eat with them, you can feel nauseous.

I hope that helps? Cathy x

burberrygirl72
10-10-09, 09:36
im on day 5 of my tablets just taken one and i cold go back to bed im so tired x

AnxiousNatalie
14-10-09, 16:22
Hi Cathy.

I will take that advice and maybe eat when i take it because i am starting to get sick of feeling nuseaous every day.

I have been taking them in the morning since i first started them, can i change just like that or will it affect me in any way??

KK77
14-10-09, 16:42
Hi Natalie
If it makes you tired try taking at night. I took it at night when I was on it and slept well but it seems to affect people differently and can cause insomnia for some. But there's no harm in trying. Lots of people I know take it in the evening/night. X