PDA

View Full Version : feeling in the pit of my stomache..

BETHAN97
09-10-09, 18:14
My anxiety has reached an all time high, and its driving me crazy. I also have an ocd, i think i should point out.
Recently, the past two days i've been getting this feeling in the pit of my stomache.. a 'nervous stomache' my family call it, say if your nervous for an exam or excited for something etc, but its worrying me, and i've had this feeling that something bad is going to happen, like something will happen to me or my family. Last night i had a horrible feeling that something was going to happen to my mum, and unless i did my before bed ocd stuff she wouldnt be here in the morning, which left me with not much sleep ATALL. But i've also had this feeling today, i went to college and felt ok while i was there, because i was easily distracted by work etc, but now i'm home its back again, and i just cant let myself relax i feel that something bad is going to happen to me, like i'm going to die or something, its making me feel so sick and i'm so scared of everything, i would really apreciate any feedback and advise, because i feel so sick, and scared.

gypsywomen
09-10-09, 18:17
its just anxiety making you think bad thoughts deep down you know it is its awfull i feel for you,,hope the feeling goes off for you

tasia
09-10-09, 18:24
hey there,
yes its anxiety..and the more you worry the more you are anxious and you get the nervous tummy thing and its a circle goes round and round and round...you will have to do something to distract you...going out for a walk..watching a good film, listening to music..just to break you away from this cycle of fear...once you have desenzitized yourself from your feeling (ie your anxious stomach) you will start to feel better.....nothing to worry about we have all been through it..take care xx

meg86
09-10-09, 20:59
You feel anxious and worried because you have anxiety!!

I always get this horrible feeling in my stomach, we feel scared and afraid that something is going to happen because thats what anxiety is!

If you look on the left at the anxiety symptoms page you will see that how you feel is normal considering your suffering from anxiety.

When i was first diagnosed i felt this hard to accept because its like going against your natural instincts, when i read up about it i understood it better and knew exactly why i feel like i did.

Hope you feel better soon! x

BETHAN97
09-10-09, 23:38
thanks guys, i just read alot more on this site, and now feel determined to over come this. I am not an anxious person, anxiety is just a state thhat i sometimes get.. i hope everyone on this site eventuallly overcomes all this anxiety