PDA

View Full Version : Is This OCD?

Purple Fish
09-10-09, 18:19
Hi,

I`ve been doing really well with my anxieties and I`m being weaned off Fluoxetine, but over the last few weeks I`ve developed the need to find out as much as I can about 9/11 to the point of Googling really morbid and disturbing images. I`ve finally told my husband and he just asks Why?
I don`t know myself! What I do know is that it`s not helping me and I need to stop.
I cut my thumb at work yesterday and because I felt faint they called a paramedic! I felt so stupid! My pulse had dropped and my heart was racing but then in half an hour I was ok. I have worried about it though and a work colleague told me to get checked out at the doctor`s, so now I`m really worrying!
I will see my doctor next week anyway for a check up with my medication. Do I mention this obsession to him? My husband says I shouldn`t as it may be a step back.
The thing is I`ve always been fascinated with anything medical but when I see blood in real life I sometimes get queasy. I really need to pull myself together and focus on the good things!

Tanya x