PDA

View Full Version : Can normal daily stress highten health anxeity?

Panic33
09-10-09, 18:59
Its strange but most days around 8pm onwards I start to feel alot better and don't seem to worry as much about the anxiety and symptoms. I thought this was due to how the ADs work, but my GP said not. My worst time in the day is why I'm at work - which I thought should have the opposite effect as it keeps my mind busy. The other day tho I was in the middle of a stressful situ at work and bang my anxiety hit sky and my mind went straight back tothe health anxiety.
Do others find that every day stress makes the anxiety (about other things/health) worse?

kitn77
09-10-09, 19:03
I find that sometimes too..I tend to get overwhelmed with stresses of the day and it sets of health anxiety..I think sometimes it just gets on top of you!

Panic33
09-10-09, 19:05
I thought I may be clutching at straws why I feel worse in the day to in the evening, but I do think it most be something stress related. I feel at my best late in the evening when the kids are in bed and the house is peaceful - strangely I would think should be the worst time as I get more thinking time, but it isn't.

Gazman
09-10-09, 19:11
i'm the same panic, come night time i feel much calmer and optomistic about my health.

I asked my doctor about this yesterday and he said it was because in the morning everybodys mood is low and come afternoon it's higher, not a clue what he meant but just went with it lol

Panic33
09-10-09, 19:14
Its odd aint it Gazman, evening I can't understand what I was worried about, day time I thinking i've gone mad and dying half the time - damn anxiety

Gazman
09-10-09, 20:20
i know mate, i'm the same, gushing to my gf how i must have ms or something serious the docs have missed, then come night time i think how daft i've been and the symptoms die down too.

SleeplessFog
09-10-09, 20:30
My cycle is the opposite...at work I can keep my mind busy...its when I come home and its almost bedtime that the gears start to turn! Ugh.

Panic33
09-10-09, 20:32
My cycle is the opposite...at work I can keep my mind busy...its when I come home and its almost bedtime that the gears start to turn! Ugh.

Thats what I thought would be the norm to be honest - the busier we are the less time to think so the less anxiety, but my anxiety best when house is calm and I have time to think - strangely this is when I tend to forget about the anxiety doh.

Panic33
09-10-09, 21:22
Do you also get anxiety symptoms in the day, like head aches, brain fog, tinglings etc but not in the eve?

Panic33
10-10-09, 19:57
As i posted in another thread: I have found online that sertraline takes 6-8hr to be a peak in the blood stream and a half-life of 26hrs - thus it would be at half the amount by morning the next day and take another 6-8hr to be back to peak - could this be why??
When do you take your meds Gazman?

Gazman
10-10-09, 22:11
dont take meds mate, except diazepam if i can't calm down which was about 2 or 3 weeks ago i think, i think i just worry so much in the day that come night time i'm all worried out.

Panic33
10-10-09, 22:42
I've also thought that - like you need to have your daily dose of worry get it out your system. My GP asked me was I managing to get to sleep OK - I said yeah because Im tired after worrying all day I get to a point I to tired too.

Angelicnorth
11-10-09, 15:55
Hi I am new to this site, suffered anxiety all my life. I find the mornings are the worst, by the afternoon things start improving and the evening when it starts to get dark I feel a lot better. I have been like this for a long time and I put it down to the daylight making your brain feel more sensitive. And also the nightime is relaxing and your are somewhat covered by the darkness because when you have anxiety you usually dont want to make a fool of yourself and no one can see you in the dark.

Hope this helps

Panickypants
11-10-09, 18:20
Yes i feel this too but never really realised, if anything at all stresses me out or winds me up through the day i get symptoms palpitations and then i start worrying but usually after bath and i can relax i feel less anxious..