PDA

View Full Version : control

Caurus
09-10-09, 19:43
Ive had depression for over 10 years, considering I'm 20 years old that tells you alot about me really.
I suffered with anxiety too, more so after i got attacked with a friend on my birthday (i know how unlucky is that) a few years ago. So far I'm progressing pretty well. Ive had a job and been outside alone plenty; thou its not my favorite thing I can still do it now. So i thought i was all sorted.

But after a big break up and job loss my self esteem has hit rock bottom and I wont go out some days because I don't want anyone to see me. I think I look deformed and I cant bring myself to tell anyone because I don't want to draw attention to my image and i know its an odd thing to think.
Because no one else seems to say it but i know i look like a freak.
About 2/3 days a week I'm sane and happy and this isn't a problem as such.

Any advice?

nomorepanic
09-10-09, 19:47
Hi Caurus

We just wanted to welcome you aboard to NMP. We hope you enjoy your stay here and get all the support and advice you need.

Please take some time to read the website articles on the left as well for loads of advice and tips.

Maj
09-10-09, 19:56
Hi,

Sorry you feel so low at times. You are not a freak though! You sound as though you may have body dysmorphia which I'm sure can be worked through. Have you seen your g.p.? You'll get lots of advice and support from people on here and I really hope you start to feel better soon.
Regards
Myra:yesyes:

Caurus
11-10-09, 20:13

Veronica H
11-10-09, 21:02
:welcome:to nmp. Glad that you have found us.

Veronica